Teaching with Physical Computing: Practical application and classroom strategies for PBL
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Brought to you by Arm, this course guides you through the practical application of Project-Based Learning (PBL) theory using a range of tools and techniques.
The course takes educators on a deep dive into Project-Based Learning, enabled by Physical Computing devices such as Arduino, Micro:bit and Raspberry Pi. We look at the role of the teacher in the PBL classroom, and the planning required to ensure inclusive, collaborative learning experiences.
You will also learn how Physical Computing differs from traditional approaches. This course covers all the practical elements you need to successfully deliver PBL experiences in the classroom.
De un vistazo
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Programas asociados:
- Professional Certificate en Teaching with Physical Computing
- Habilidades asociadas:Physical Computing, Teaching, Collaborative Learning, Creativity, Arduino
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Develop the skills, strategies and confidence you need to apply Project-Based Learning in the classroom.
- Acquire a toolkit of best practice, which you can apply again and again to plan and deliver engaging classes for learners across all ages
- Explore how to integrate Project-Based Learning into the formal curriculum
- Gain techniques to develop resilience in your learners, encouraging them to ‘fail often’ and keep motivated while developing solutions to real-world problems
- Learn about managing teamwork and independent learning in the PBL classroom
- Explore how to ‘pitch’ Project-Based Learning to your colleagues and encourage them to become PBL advocates
- Finish the course with a classroom investigation, which helps you put your learning into practice
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
Module 1 Introduction
Module 2 Physical computing
Module 3 Project-based learning (PBL)
Module 4 Links to the formal curriculum and using PBL in formal assessments
Module 5 PBL toolkit ****
Module 6 PBL across the ages
Module 7 Building resilience in learners
Module 8 Group work in PBL ****
Module 9 Keep it super simple
Module 10 Practical considerations for PBL
Module 11 Classroom strategies
Module 12 Classroom investigation