MITx: Management in Engineering: Accounting and Planning
Experience what it is like to manage within an engineering enterprise. Develop the business skills you need to take on the variety of challenges facing managers in the field.
This course was formerly known as Management in Engineering I.
Management in Engineering: Accounting and Planning
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Managerial ability is an important element of technology companies in an increasingly global and diverse business environment. Combining learned heuristics and techniques for effective decision-making while leveraging technical knowledge is a highly in-demand skill by employers at technical companies. This course will help you bridge the gap between engineers and business people, placing you in an important position that few others can fill.
As part of the Principles of Manufacturing MicroMasters program, this course aims to teach learners key principles and practices used in engineering management. You will first learn basic business functional knowledge--financial accounting, sales, marketing, operations, and topics related to entrepreneurship. The focus is on the development of individual skills and management tools.
Develop the engineering and management skills needed for competence and competitiveness in today's manufacturing industry with the Principles of Manufacturing MicroMasters Credential, designed and delivered by MIT's #1-ranked Mechanical Engineering department in the world. Learners who pass the 8 courses in the program will earn the MicroMasters Credential and qualify to apply to gain credit towards MIT's Master of Engineering in Advanced Manufacturing & Design program.
De un vistazo
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Programas asociados:
- Programa MicroMasters® en Principles of Manufacturing
- Habilidades asociadas:Advanced Manufacturing, Management, Decision Making, Financial Accounting, Marketing Operations, Sales, Accounting, Engineering Management, Planning, Mechanical Engineering, Entrepreneurship
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Fundamental business knowledge across finance, sales, and marketing
- Construct financial statements and perform ration analyses
- Apply analytical tools to business decisions
- Develop a technical strategy that can be applied across multiple industries
Testimonios de los estudiantesOmitir Testimonios de los estudiantes
"This course taught me how to think about the business aspect of my engineering organizations, and thus make better decisions as both an engineer and aspiring leader within the company. I feel much more equipped to make business decisions while applying my engineering know-how!"