Understanding the TOEFL Essentials Test
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
This course helps teachers, advisors and students understand the purposes, structure and content of the TOEFL Essentials test, so that test takers can do their best on test day.
The course will explain the research basis of the test, the types of questions in each section, (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking), tips for each question type, and resources for test takers, teachers and advisors.
The TOEFL Essentials test was launched in 2021 as the latest offering in the suite of high-quality TOEFL tests of English language proficiency. It's a versatile test with a friendly, engaging format that combines the academic and general English skills needed for the classroom and other settings like internships, interviews and peer interactions. It can be taken at home from almost anywhere in the world, in only about 1 1/2 hours.
The test also includes the unscored Personal Video Statement, which allows test takers to share additional insights about themselves and showcase their unique personality to institutions.
The TOEFL Essentials test is unlike any other English language test, combining the convenience and affordability test takers want with the quality institutions trust.
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- How the TOEFL Essentials test was designed, including the multistage adaptive testing elements
- What security features are used to deliver and proctor this at-home test
- The question types, what they measure, and how they are experienced by the test taker for each section: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Tips for test takers to prepare for the TOEFL Essentials test, including tips specific to question types
- How the test is scored and how scores are reported
- The key differences between TOEFL Essentials, TOEFL iBT, and other English-language tests