Learners are required to participate in two in-person immersions, one in Boston and the other at a domestic or international location. These learning experiences offer learners the opportunity to gain hands-on public health experience within different cultures and contexts, both nationally and globally. These collaborative multi-day events provide learners with deep analysis of public health challenges, and follow a curriculum designed to help them develop leadership skills for social change.
Simmons University Master of Public Health online
Become a public health practitioner equipped to solve challenges across communities and demographics. Earn an MPH from Simmons Public Health.Solicitar más información
About the program
- CEPH accredited: The Simmons MPH degree is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
- Community focused: The program trains its learners in community-based research and methods for health equity and helps them partner with communities to address health challenges that matter to them.
- Advocacy minded: Learners address healthcare inequities by exploring the strategies and tactics of advocating and organizing for community- and policy-level changes.
About Simmons University
Founded in 1899, Simmons University provides opportunities for women to forge fields that advance equity and justice. MPH@Simmons, the Master of Public Health program prepares learners to work toward achieving health equity at local, national, and global levels. Simmons Public Health combines education for leadership in high-demand professional fields with the intellectual foundation of the liberal arts.
Technology and services powered by 2U, Inc., the parent company of edX.
The online MPH curriculum covers epidemiology, biostatistics, health policy and health services, environmental health, and social and behavioral health. The program is completed in 24 months (or 15 months for learners in the accelerated track) and includes 12 core courses, three electives, two immersions, and a Health Equity Change Project. Some courses, such as the following, allow learners to customize their assignments based on their professional interests:
- Socio-Structural Determinants of Health: Learners select a community to study and conduct a critical analysis of a public health issue of their choosing.
- Global Health and Political Economy: Learners propose how they would solve a global public health issue of their choice if they had a $1 billion budget.
- Health Policy Analysis and Change: Learners create and deliver a presentation on any law or policy, outside of traditional health domains, that impacts population health.
Simmons’ online Master of Public Health (MPH) program welcomes candidates from all academic disciplines. Simmons values prior applied community experiences, whether through work, volunteering, or community organizing and considers their health-related or social-science background or experience as an added qualification. To complete an application, you will need to submit:
Online application form
Transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended
Three letters of recommendation
TOEFL or IELTS scores (if applicable)
Nonrefundable application fee of $75 (fee discount available)