Over the course of the online MS in Communications Management program, learners participate in two weekend-long, in-person immersions. These event-filled weekends take place on the Syracuse University campus in Syracuse, New York; in other U.S. cities; and in international locations. Immersion weekends include networking opportunities and hands-on experiences relevant to the communications industry. These in-person events also feature experienced guest speakers that range from academic leaders to communications industry executives.
Syracuse University Master of Science in Communications Management online
Join the Newhouse School’s collaborative community of Orange professionals, and learn to blend communications and business principles so as to anticipate emerging trends.Solicitar más información
About the program
- No GRE/GMAT required : The Newhouse admissions committee prioritizes learners’ leadership abilities and media fluency over standardized test scores.
- Interdisciplinary curriculum: The S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications — in collaboration with the Martin J. Whitman School of Management — empowers learners to pursue leadership positions through integrative learning experiences.
- Vast Newhouse network: The Newhouse network comprises more than 28,000 Newhouse alumni from a wide range of professional backgrounds and leading industries.
About Syracuse University Newhouse School of Public Communications
Today, the Newhouse School of Public Communications continues to empower media learners through collaborative classroom discussions, an interdisciplinary curriculum, and an alumni network of 28,000+ Newhouse communications professionals. Learn the business and communications strategies needed to predict media trends and to not only evolve with the industry, but lead it to new heights.
Technology and services powered by 2U, Inc., the parent company of edX.
The Newhouse Curriculum
The online MS in Communications Management program offers a hybrid 36-credit curriculum. Learners delve into interdisciplinary courses — which feature communications, business management, and leadership principles — and graduate with a full understanding of the evolving media landscape. The program features four core courses, six specialization courses, two immersions, and one capstone. The core courses include:
- Digital Strategic Communications Management: Learn strategic communications theories applicable to professional practice, and discover the effective strategies that are required in an increasingly social media-driven professional environment.
- Applied Research in Content Management: Maximize the value of online content, and apply critical thinking skills when using research and analytical tools to solve strategic communications challenges.
- Financial Accounting: Understand the theory, concepts, principles, and practices needed to prepare and interpret financial statements.
- Finance for Non-Financial Managers: Interpret financial information in order to better understand the health of a company, make strategic decisions, and advance your career.
Prospective learners interested in the program must have at least three years of work experience and a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution to apply. Since the program expects all applicants to be experienced working professionals, it does not require GRE/GMAT scores. However, learners are encouraged to include their scores if they believe these will enhance their applications. To complete an application, you will need to submit:
Official transcripts from all institutions attended
Three letters of recommendation
An online video interview