Lo que aprenderás
- How to use management and leadership frameworks, theories, and case studies to address complex issues for healthcare professionals in healthcare organizations.
- Evidence-based methods for planning, organizing, leading, and advocating for patients, families and communities in the public health sector.
- How to manage the economic environment in healthcare
- Financial management techniques to prepare budgets, financial forecasts, assess investment alternatives, and leverage capital structures within healthcare organizations.
- Evaluate the value of new healthcare delivery systems and interventions on the basis of quality, safety, efficiency and cost-effectiveness using accumulated data.
- Evaluate health policy as it applies to industry economics, needs demands and quality of care.
- Apply advocacy skills including quality of patient care, patients-rights, cultural competency and preventative care.
- Demonstrate an understanding of healthcare system providers, financing, consumerism, past and future trends and regulatory and legal framework.
- Apply leadership frameworks, skills and functions of management in planning, organizing leadership and systems control.
The Healthcare Administration MicroMasters program consists of 7 courses and a capstone. After completing, you can also apply to Doane University to complete your MBA online for approximately $10,500 (more details below).
The demand for skilled Healthcare Administrators is projected to grow 17 percent between 2016 and 2026,
The Healthcare Administration MicroMasters program will introduce learners to management and leadership frameworks, theories and case studies specific to healthcare organizations. It will also prepare students with the skills to manage the complex issues inherent in healthcare systems and lead in the public health sector.
Learners will examine a variety of evidence-based methods to advocate for patients, families, and communities, as well as within healthcare organizations. They will also explore financial management techniques -- preparing budgets, developing financial forecasts, assessing investment alternatives, and leveraging capital structures all within the context of healthcare organizations -- and explore the healthcare system's economic environment by taking on managerial roles.
Learners will also gain foundational understanding for the role of information technology in the healthcare field, developing familiarity with information systems designed to mitigate data loss, create consistent care, and offer research solutions. Whether students are working in entry-level positions or have a roles as healthcare executives, the Healthcare Administration program will provide the path.
Cursos en este programa
Programa MicroMasters® en Healthcare Administration de DoaneX
- 5–10 horas por semana durante 3 semanas
Leaders in a healthcare environment are faced withdecisions and challenges every day that can affect public health. Learn about health informatics solutions, powerful tools in managing datato makeevidence-baseddecisions.
- 5–10 horas por semana durante 5 semanas
Gain the knowledge of financial systems needed to be a leader or administrator in the healthcare industry and how they impact strategic planning, quality assurance and risk management initiatives.
- 5–10 horas por semana durante 5 semanas
Explore important issues in health law. Discover how health policies are developed, adopted and implemented, as well as the factors that influence this process.
- 5–10 horas por semana durante 2 semanas
Explore the ethics behind global approaches to the care of diverse vulnerable populations in order to provide comprehensive care to all populations within a healthcare system.
- 1–2 horas por semana durante 1 semanas
Take the Comprehensive Exam and demonstrate the knowledge and skills acquired in the Healthcare Administration MicroMasters program to earn the DoaneX MicroMasters credential.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must complete and successfully earn a verified certificate in all seven MicroMasters online program courses, as well as the comprehensive capstone exam.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Learners who successfully complete the MicroMasters program in Healthcare Administration may then apply for enrollment in Doane University’s Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) program.. If accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will account for 9 credit hours out of the total of 30 credits for the full MBA degree.
The MBA program may be completed fully online and at the very affordable price of approximately $10,500. (This does not include the cost of the MicroMasters program verified certificate).
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) also offers a pathway to credit toward RIT's Master of Science in Professional Studies. If accepted into the program at RIT, students will be eligible for up to 9 credits which will serve toward one concentration required for this interdisciplinary degree. The MS in Professional Studies– which can be completed online or in-person – is a customized, flexible program that meets industry demand by enabling students to strategically combine multiple, complementary fields of study to reflect their unique career and educational goals.
- Healthcare Administration will allow learners to navigate and advance within a variety of healthcare settings.
- The Healthcare Industries’ need for Healthcare Administrators has an average yearly job growth of 17% and career opportunities for those with some kind of healthcare administration degree continue to rise. (source: www.bls.gov)
- A successful Healthcare Administrator possesses analytical, communication, interpersonal, leadership and technical skills, and is detail-oriented. Healthcare leadership is a critical aspect of future growth in the health sciences field.
- Career opportunities in healthcare for advancement as directors, managers, public health and healthcare industry leaders.
- Medical and Health Services Managers median salary in 2016 was $96,540 per year (source: www.bls.gov)
Conoce a tus instructores
Expertos de DoaneX comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
The healthcare industry is constantly changing. With changes in the political landscape, funding, policy and regulations, our leaders need to be equipped to lead and manage within the complex landscape of healthcare. Through my own career experience I have found that employees who possess the knowledge and leadership skills acquired in Healthcare Administration are able to successfully navigate through these complex challenges.
- Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.