Lo que aprenderás
- Create predictive, statistical and machine learning models with Python
- Learn how to evaluate, and optimise, the effectiveness of a model
- Understand how to apply predictive models in real-world business scenarios
This MicroMasters program is designed for data analysts and data scientists and will teach you how to prepare data for predictive modelling, data mining, and advanced analytics using a range of statistical and machine learning methodologies on real-life datasets. Upon completion, this program will equip you with the skills to drive better decision making, identify risks, and deliver value to your organisation.
In the era of Data Science and Big Data, organisations hold more information about their business environments than ever before. Increasingly, these organisations are recognising the role of data science in leveraging current and historical data and out-thinking competitors. As a result, there is a growing demand for employees and managers who have advanced data analytics skills and the ability to make informed decisions that drive organisational success.
This MicroMasters program is designed for those who have an undergraduate level, or equivalent professional experience/background in mathematics, statistics, or programming (Java, C, Python, Visual Basic).
Cursos en este programa
Programa MicroMasters® en Predictive Analytics using Python de EdinburghX
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must complete and successfully earn a verified certificate in all four courses in this program, in addition to the final project.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate can apply to the on-campus Masters in Business Analytics or the Online Masters in Data Science, Technology and Innovation at the University of Edinburgh. Successful completion of the MicroMasters program does not guarantee acceptance to the Master’s but, if accepted, the 30 credits awarded from the MicroMasters program will be recognised as credit obtained towards the 180 credits required for the full MSc. Visit the University of Edinburgh Business Analytics Entry Requirements or the University of Edinburgh Data Science, Technology and Innovation page for more information.
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) also offers a pathway to credit toward RIT's Master of Science in Professional Studies. If accepted into the program at RIT, students will be eligible for up to 9 credits which will serve toward one concentration required for this interdisciplinary degree. The MS in Professional Studies – which can be completed online or in-person – is a customized, flexible program that meets industry demand by enabling students to strategically combine multiple, complementary fields of study to reflect their unique career and educational goals.
- Demand for Business/Management Analyst roles in the USA is predicted to grow by 14.3% over the next 10 years, attracting an average annual salary of $81k. (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (projected growth) and Burning Glass analysis)
- Skills such as Python and machine learning are in very high demand in virtually every business sector
- A deep understanding of predictive analysis has become pivotal to business success
- Career opportunities include business analyst, data scientist and management consultant
Conoce a tus instructores de The University of Edinburgh (EdinburghX)
Expertos de EdinburghX comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
The University of Edinburgh has proved itself to be enormously progressive when it comes to offering courses focused on data and technology, including the Data Science Graduate Apprenticeship launched with PwC. As PwC begins to use artificial intelligence as a way to solve problems in society, we would certainly be keen to see candidates with a MicroMasters in Predictive Analytics.
- Certificates are issued by edX under the name of EdinburghX and are delivered online through the edX platform. You will receive an individual certificate for each MicroMasters program course that you pass as a verified learner. Learners who pass all four MicroMasters program courses and the final project on the verified track will receive a MicroMasters program certificate.
- You must achieve a grade of 50 or higher to pass each course in the program. You can view the University of Edinburgh’s Extended Common Marking Scheme (https://www.ed.ac.uk/student-administration/exams/regulations/common-marking-scheme) for more information (see section CMS4: Postgraduate Assessment Mark).
- We strongly advise taking the MicroMasters program courses sequentially to build up skills and knowledge in preparation for the final project.
- Gaining the MicroMasters program certificate is one possible route for entry to the on-campus MSc Business Analytics and the online Masters in Data Science, Technology and Innovation at the University of Edinburgh. Successful completion of the MicroMasters program does not guarantee acceptance to the Master’s but, if accepted, the 30 credits awarded from the MicroMasters program will be recognised as credit obtained towards the 180 required for the full MSc. Visit the University of Edinburgh Business Analytics Entry Requirements (https://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/msc/business-analytics/entry-requirements) or the University of Edinburgh Data Science, Technology and Innovation page (https://www.ed.ac.uk/bayes/about-us/our-work/education/data-science-technology-and-innovation) for more information.
- This MicroMasters program is intended for those who have undergraduate level or equivalent professional experience/background in mathematics, statistics or similar subject area (linear algebra, calculus etc.) and want to kick-start their career or advance their skills in this field. Previous experience with a procedural programming language is beneficial (Java, C, Python, Visual Basic etc.).