Lo que aprenderás
- To apply key skills in working with individuals, families, communities, and organizations to promote positive changes and make a difference.
- To integrate social justice values into social change processes and actions.
- To understand the key knowledge bases and frameworks that social workers use to guide their work at the micro, mezzo and macro levels of practice.
- How social policies and research impact everyday practice with individuals, families, and communities experiencing challenges in their day to day lives.
Want to make a difference? Reach out, raise hope, and change society?
This innovative MicroMasters program provides an advanced, professional sequence of courses in social work so you can gain the skills needed to empower individuals, families, communities and organizations to meet needs and create positive changes.
You will gain a greater understanding of social work practice, an awareness of the history and impact of policy on the provision of key social services, and an appreciation for the research that supports effective practice.
Build on this valuable MicroMasters program experience and take advantage of a great opportunity to be accepted into the #1 ranked social work Master's degree program for a fraction of the cost.
Cursos en este programa
Programa MicroMasters® en Social Work: Practice, Policy and Research de MichiganX
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must complete and successfully earn a verified certificate in all six courses in this program.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Completion of this MicroMasters program will provide participants who apply and are accepted to the University of Michigan School of Social Work an opportunity to be considered for an accelerated pathway to complete the MSW program. Completion of this MicroMasters program lowers the required credits for the MSW from 60 to 45.
- Participants can use this certificate to improve their career in related fields of practice (e.g., criminal justice, child welfare, aging services). This program could also meet an organization’s goals for continuing professional education for workers.
- Career Opportunities Include: Child Welfare Specialist, Foster Care/Adoption Worker, Psychiatric Social Worker, Community Organizer, Therapist, Probation Officer
- Manager/Program Coordinator, Medical Social Worker, Policy Analyst, Social Work Researcher, Geriatric Social Worker
Conoce a tus instructores
Expertos de MichiganX comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
The National Council for Behavioral Health
The Social Work: Practice, Policy and Research MicroMasters Program provides a unique career opportunity for anyone in the healthcare and/or social service fields interested in not just keeping pace with the rapid changes occurring in these marketplaces but leading the change. The UM MicroMasters will give you the knowledge and skills to realize your future career.
- Individuals interested in obtaining an MSW or adding to their skill sets. Individuals currently employed in the field of social work or human services who are not able to leave a job to enter a residential program but want to move forward toward exploring graduate study in social work. Individuals in related fields (e.g., aging, criminal justice, child welfare, addictions, nursing, physical health and mental health) who seek to gain critical skills for their current work related to building a socially just society.
- Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.