Lo que aprenderás
- Articulate the primary differences between Agile and Plan-and-Document methodologies.
- Apply the key ideas of learning a new language in order to construct programs in Ruby.
- Summarize the key architectural elements of RESTful SaaS applications and microservices.
- Apply the key ideas of learning a new framework to 2 construct and deploy simple Rails applications.
- Apply behavior-driven development (BDD) to elicit customer needs and express them as user stories that will drive development.
- Construct unit- and module-level tests and measure their coverage.
- Apply BDD & TDD to identify the main parts of a legacy code base, measure code quality, and refactor code to improve its quality.
- Exercise best practices in planning, effort estimation, and coordination of the efforts of small software teams, using appropriate tools to support those practices.
- Recognize when an appropriate Design Pattern may improve code quality, and refactor code to apply those Design Patterns.
- Identify and repair potential app-level security and performance problems.
Learn the fundamentals for engineering long-lasting software using highly-productive agile techniques to develop Software as a Service (SaaS)!
This Professional Certificate Program presents ideas and techniques for designing, developing, and modifying large software systems using Agile techniques and the same best-of-breed tools used by professionals, including GitHub, Pivotal Tracker, Travis CI, Heroku, and more.
Topics include: function-oriented and object-oriented modular design techniques, designing for re-use and maintainability including proper use of design patterns, behavior-driven design, test-driven development, user stories for requirements elicitation & documentation, verification and validation, cost and quality metrics and estimation, project team organization and management, analyzing and refactoring legacy code.
Fully integrated into each course, the Codio platform provides students with a seamless integrated software development environment, auto-graded assessments, and a digital textbook.
Cursos en este programa
Certificación Profesional en Mastering Agile Development of Software as a Service de BerkeleyX
- Front-end engineer
- Back-end engineer
- Dev/Ops engineer
- QA engineer
- Agile Development engineer
- Agile Development engineer XP (Extreme Programming) engineer
Conoce a tus instructores de University of California, Berkeley (BerkeleyX)
At GitHub we believe in a learning philosophy anchored in realistic projects that build developer expertise with the tools of the trade. From our experience with Professor Fox at UC Berkeley, we know he’s committed to this learning philosophy, and we’re excited to see this newly revised Professional Certificate Program in Agile Development on edX.