Lo que aprenderás
- Explore the evolution of 5G networking, and how ‘5G and beyond’, including 6G, will transform businesses by 2035.
- Examine the need for 5G, and its role in supporting mass connectivity for billions of sensors in IoT devices and enhanced mobile broadband for bandwidth hungry applications, as well as Ultra Reliable Low Latency Communication requirements.
- Understand 5G deployment challenges specifically related to massive MIMO, mmwave, 5G radio and other issues.
- Explore 5G Radio Access Network (RAN) Virtualisation, 5G Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC) for disaggregated core, and 5G Network Orchestration.
- Outline 5G deployment for IIoT settings in various industries.
The Professional Certificate in 5G Networking has been designed to introduce learners to core concepts of 5G networking, while examining practical examples of its deployment across various industries.
In 5G Essentials, learners explore how 5G has evolved from its predecessors – 3G and 4G. We also analyse key concepts in 5G radio, 5G spectrum sharing, end-to-end 5G network architecture, enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB), Mass Connectivity, and Ultra Reliable and Low Latency Communications (URLLC).
In 5G Deployment, learners look at how 5G is deployed through 5G Radio Access Network (RAN) Virtualisation, network slicing, and Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC) for disaggregated core in different industries, such as health care and mining.
This program is suitable for learners who are new to or who are already working in the fields of telecommunications, computer science and engineering, and who have an interest in 5G networking. There are no prerequisites, but it is best suited to learners who have completed or are completing tertiary education. It is also recommended that learners undertake the 5G Essentials course before the 5G Deployment course.
Cursos en este programa
Certificación Profesional en 5G Networking de CurtinX
- 4–6 horas por semana durante 6 semanas
Learn about 5G deployment, 5G Radio Access Network Virtualisation, 5G and Multi-Access Edge Computing for disaggregated core, 5G Network Orchestration, and examine 5G deployment case studies.
- “In the future, 5G will likely provide substantial enterprise opportunity which corporates are just beginning to recognize. It is expected that 5G will exceed $180 billion in North America by 2030.” (source: J P Morgan)
- “5G technology… AU$230bn – 5G contribution to local economic growth by 2030; US$1.3tr – forecasted addition to world gross domestic product; 22.8mil – number of jobs created by 5G across the globe.” (source: PwC Australia)
- Completing this program will help learners gain valuable knowledge and skills for roles such as:
- Telecom Engineer: skills and knowledge of 5G network architecture, understanding of 5G core and deployment issues in 5G.
- Network Engineer: skills and knowledge of network automation and network orchestration for industry specific 5G applications including mining, healthcare, ports, and smart factories.
- Radio Frequency Engineer: familiarity with 5G Frequency bands and In-depth understanding of 5G New Radio, Massive MIMO, beamforming.
Conoce a tus instructores de Curtin University (CurtinX)
Expertos de CurtinX comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea