Lo que aprenderás
- How to preprocess large datasets before the analysis: data cleaning, data smoothing and normalization methods, correct data visualization techniques and time series analysis.
- How to store and process the data by means of SQL and NoSQL database management systems.
- What are the differences between supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods and what is reinforcement learning.
- What are different classification methods (logistic regression, Naïve Bayes and K-nearest neighbors, SVM) and clustering methods (hierarchical and k-means clustering).
- How to reduce the number of variables in a dataset and how to evaluate your model.
The demand for skilled data analysts both in science and industry is constantly growing. Data processing and analysis Professional Certificate Program gives you the necessary knowledge base and useful skills to face data analysis challenges in your professional field.
The first course of the Program covers such concepts of data analytics as data preprocessing and visualization, large datasets management and storage by means of SQL and NoSQL database management systems, data series analysis.
The second course of the program discusses what machine learning is and mainly focuses on the regression problem (linear regression, polynomial and multivariable regression), classification methods (logistic regression, Naïve Bayes and K-nearest neighbors) and clustering methods (hierarchical and k-means clustering).
The last course covers advanced methods of machine learning. You will learn how to analyze large datasets, find regularities in your data, and apply more complicated clusterization and classification techniques. More precisely, you will face with the concept of the factor analysis under the Principal Component Analysis (PCA), learn about support vector machines (SVM) and decision trees for classification, get familiar with some popular resampling methods and apply them to the so-called Ensemble Learning. Finally, you will deal with the problem of reinforcement learning and learn some useful algorithms.
In all courses, practical tasks of each week will refine your understanding of main concepts and enhance your abilities in data engineering.
The program helps you to develop skills that include Excel data analysis, MS Azure Machine Learning Studio and Python Notebooks, Oracle Apex and Mongo DB. MS Excel and database management systems are used in the first course. Two learning tracks are provided in machine learning courses, one for those who have coding experience in Python, while the tasks in the other track are realized in MS Azure for students with no coding experience.
Founded in 1900, ITMO University is the top higher education institution in computer science in Russia, it is a trailblazer shaping national education and research policy in Russia. Higher School of Digital Culture is delighted to share with you its experience in the field of data science as well as in interdisciplinary research.
Cursos en este programa
Certificación Profesional en Data Processing and Analysis de ITMOx
- 2–4 horas por semana durante 5 semanas
Master the culture of data representation, interpretation and outcomes evaluation. Learn the fundamentals of relational and NoSQL database management systems.
- 32% of full-time data scientists started learning machine learning or data science through a MOOC, while 27% were self-taught. (source: Kaggle, 2017)
- Data Scientists are few in number and high in demand. (source: TechRepublic)
- According to a report from job site Indeed, machine learning engineer is the best job of 2019 due to growing demand and high salaries. The career boasts a current average salary of $146,085 with a growth rate of 344 percent last year (source: Indeed)
Conoce a tus instructores
Expertos de ITMOx comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
Nowadays when the world becomes more and more digital you have no chance to survive without knowledge how to manage data flow. These courses will help you to structure the knowledge about data analysis you’ve gained before as well as to learn new and improve your knowledge level. Thanks to practical examples and possibility to get a feed-back on the discussion forum learning process for sure will be interesting and useful for you.
In IT business, people and their skills are the main asset of the companies, so people development is the key element of corporate success. Machine learning is must have technology in the digital economy, where automation of routines brings valuable competitive advantages and let successfully compete for the market share and resources. The courses from ITMOx are targeted to machine learning and helps employees to be up-to-date on all levels of expertise – beginner, core and advanced. More people in company are aware of the ML features, more they are able to leverage its value to improve business process and their work productivity.
Business transformation has become an acute, universal prerequisite and leaders around the globe believe it would deliver game-changing benefits. Emerging technologies are transforming our world and providing a huge opportunity for organizations to leap ahead of their peers. Data Science and Machine Learning skills are at the core of digital transformation. That’s why we highly recommend students to complete the courses within the ‘Digital culture’ program. It provides an explained vision on the fundamentals defining one of the most required competences of now and future. The program will give you an understanding on how to work with data (starting from their extraction and pre-processing) and analyze them using basic and sophisticated approaches. Enjoy listening to the courses and good luck in your future endeavors!