EdX, a non-profit open source educational software company, is looking for a strong software engineer to lead a growing group software engineers in building a world class data pipeline and reporting platform using cutting edge Big Data technologies. This highly visible team turns data into actionable insights supporting sound pedagogical and business decision making by internal and external stakeholders.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems
- Stay on top of emerging technologies in the analytics and data space
- Lead teammates through guidance and influence
- Build operationally viable solutions
- Support the open source community
- Experience writing software in a modern OO programming language (Python, Java, etc…)
- Experience with most aspects of data processing and report generation (Collection, Storage, Processing, Reporting, Visualization)
- Experience working in a fast paced Agile/Scrum development shop with lean experiments
- Previous experience working with data at scale.
- Understanding of batch and streaming data processing technologies
- Contributor to and consumer of Open Source technologies
- Exposure to D3 and other charting technologies
- Ideally have a statistics and computer science background
- Ideally have exposure to many open source data processing technologies (Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, Hive, etc…)
- Ideally have exposure to one ore more of the following open source reporting packages (Pentaho, OpenReports, JasperReport, …)
If you are interested in this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high level of interest in working at edX, we are unable to contact all applicants personally. If your background matches our hiring needs a recruiter or hiring manager will contact you directly.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.