As an edX Educational Support Specialist, you foster community and provide world-class service to course creators across a variety of issues. You effectively troubleshoot technical problems and creatively brainstorm solutions for new work flows. You spot trends and proactively identify efficiencies to make course creator support more effective.
- Provide effective product, service, and platform technical support by directly responding to questions and requests from course creators.
- Escalate support issues to Ed. Services, Engineering, and Product teams as appropriate.
- Identify, help develop, and disseminate needed how-to guides, technical tips, best practice guides, etc.
- Foster community among course creators through excellent forum facilitation, building customer community and loyalty.
- Develop an understanding of the needs of customer-facing support at edX and continually improve systems for bug reports, product requests, documentation, and other communication.
- Keep up-to-date with product, platform, and pedagogy developments
- Maintain a strong and credible presence in internal communication channels relevant to developers and to course creator support.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- At least 3-5 years experience in professional services or technical support
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- A love of technology and a proven ability to build technical understanding through hands-on learning.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation.
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication
Note: This is a 4 month contract position.
If you are interested in this position, please send an email to email@example.com.
Due to the high level of interest in working at edX, we are unable to contact all applicants personally. If your background matches our hiring needs a recruiter or hiring manager will contact you directly.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.