Are you ready to join a start-up that’s transforming the education landscape? At edX, our mission is to give a world-class education to everyone, everywhere, regardless of gender, income or social status. Today, edX.org, a not-for-profit provides millions of people around the globe access to free education. EdX offers highly motivated, intellectually curious individuals an opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic mission-driven organization.
Does that sound like a company you could work for?
EdX wants to add a talented Digital Designer to our Marketing team who will be responsible for the visual design and optimization of our creative assets across all customer touch points. You will be expected to produce attractive interfaces that align with brand guidelines, facilitate a positive user experience, and leverage contemporary design solutions to successfully meet business objectives. You should possess a strong understanding of user-centered design principles, excellent visual design skills and solid technical know how. You should have a solid sense of what drives users to engage, click and convert from various marketing assets, including email, OLA, landing pages and online and mobile.
- Develop compelling visual designs for web sites, mobile, social media, email, ads and other digital initiatives
- Apply (and at times develop) brand guidelines for type, imagery, color and iconography.
- Conceptualize and create pixel-perfect mockups from sketches, wireframes, and spec documents (and on occasion, from just brainstorming!)
- Work closely with marketing team, product managers, UX/UI team, front-end developers, engineers and other internal departments to create visual solutions that engage users and meet business objectives
- Translate usability and research findings into designs that optimize current experience and presentation of new features and content
- Ensure projects are completed on time in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- 3+ years of professional digital marketing design and production experience, with emphasis on concept to completion strategy
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite 5 or later with extensive experience in Photoshop and Illustrator
- A demonstrated understanding of HTML, CSS, JS, web & mobile standards and practices
- Previous background with optimizing HTML layouts and images for different browsers, devices, operating systems and screen sizes
- Experience with responsive design, email marketing design, & content for social media/web/mobile (display banners, icons, call-to-actions, in-app ads, etc.)
- Experience in eCommerce preferred
- Solid portfolio showcasing various online design projects
- Previous print experience is a plus
Due to the high level of interest in working at edX, we are unable to contact all applicants personally. If your background matches our hiring needs a recruiter or hiring manager will contact you directly.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.