Are you ready to join a start-up that’s transforming the education landscape?. At edX, our mission is to offer a world-class education to everyone, everywhere. Today, edX.org, a not-for-profit in Cambridge provides millions of people from every country across the globe access to free education. Founded by Harvard and MIT, edX offers free courses from those universities as well as other premier institutions including Berkeley, Georgetown, Rice, Tokyo and Tsinghua Universities. EdX provides inspirational and transformative knowledge to students of all ages, social status, and income who form worldwide communities of learners.
Does that sound like a company you could work for?
EdX is looking for a highly motivated, intellectually curious and data-driven individual who will lead the edX global acquisition and retention strategy in an exciting and dynamic mission-driven organization.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Marketing, the Director of Marketing is responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined marketing strategy to drive rapid growth, build engagement and foster retention.
Director of Marketing will make an impact in this role by:
- Overseeing SEM, SEO, mobile, social, email, paid & partner marketing and market & competitive analysis, with a focus on customer acquisition.
- Contributing to the development and lead the implementation of an innovative, comprehensive marketing strategy to achieve edX’s growth and mission aspirations.
- Owning revenue and customer acquisition for all products offered on the edX.org website.
- Leading developing and manage a growing marketing team.
- Create, lead and execute demand generation and email communications strategy across all traffic driving platforms
- Combine data, technology and behavioral insights to drive and optimize innovative online marketing programs
- Maintain competitive analysis and customer segment to formulate and execute product positioning, messaging, acquisition, retention and go-to-market strategy
- Insure all customer touch points: web, mobile and email are optimized for acquisition and retention. Work closely with UI and product teams to ensure that new and returning learners get a best-in-class experience
- Lead and grow a high quality marketing team to meet company’s strategic, revenue and mission goals.
- Strong leadership in a global, high growth, B2C transformational organization with a proven track record of driving customer and revenue growth in an online business model.
- Demonstrated success defining and executing data-driven growth strategies.
- Experience creating and presenting marketing strategy and business data.
- Success building unmatched customer value propositions.
- Experience and understanding of Google Analytics, SEM, SEO, Mobile, CRM, A/B testing, Landing Page Optimization, Customer Segmentation
- 7+ years progressive marketing experience with Director of Marketing role in a small, high growth, fast-paced company or Marketing Manager in a large fast-paced online company
- Ability to swiftly adapt to changing market conditions and think creatively in a start up environment
- BS/MS in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
- Inspirational leader who fosters a culture of innovation, execution, collaboration and accountability.
- Customer-oriented, with a passion for the customer and education.
- Highly intellectual, analytical and metrics oriented with a bias to action.
- Ability to effectively execute across all marketing disciplines in a fast paced environment.
If you are interested in this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high level of interest in working at edX, we are unable to contact all applicants personally. If your background matches our hiring needs a recruiter or hiring manager will contact you directly.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.