The Engineering Team at edX is seeking a highly qualified individual to further enhance our capabilities to transform the www.edx.org destination site into a an effective eCommerce engine for the company. The ideal candidate has built eCommerce solutions serving millions of customers, is skilled at leading and developing in small agile teams of 5-7 people, and is heavily metrics driven.
- Work closely with edX executives and business stakeholders to evaluate business opportunities with respect to Team’s capabilities, capacity, and availability
- Participate in project scoping, requirements reviews, and technical discovery efforts
- Discuss project opportunities with Product Management to map project requirements to roadmap plans
- Work closely with edX Project Management and Program Management teams during project lifecycle to fully communicate project status, inter-team dependencies, and any impediments
- Act as project ScrumMaster using standard Agile tools
- During project lifecycle, act as point-of-contact to external vendors and offshore teams.
- Continue to grow the personnel through a combination of in-office permanent staff as well as PT/FT offshore resources
- Perform team budgeting and forecasting
- Participate on development
- Proven track-record in delivering customer-facing projects on-time and on-budget
- Ability to work in a fast-faced startup-like environment
- Proven lean development experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working with off-shore and distributed teams.
- Experience with commercial CMS and eCommerce systems
- Experience with Google Analytics
- BA/BS Computer Science
If you are interested in this position, please send an email to email@example.com.
Due to the high level of interest in working at edX, we are unable to contact all applicants personally. If your background matches our hiring needs a recruiter or hiring manager will contact you directly.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.