Are you ready to join a start-up that’s transforming the education landscape? At edX, our mission is to give a world-class education to everyone, everywhere, regardless of gender, income or social status. EdX provides millions of people from around the globe with access to free education. We offer amazing quality classes by the best professors from the best schools. We enable our members to uncover a new passion that will transform their lives and their communities.
EdX is a non-profit created by founding partners Harvard and MIT. We're bringing the best of higher education to students around the world. EdX offers MOOCs and interactive online classes in subjects including law, history, science, engineering, business, social sciences, computer science, public health, and artificial intelligence (AI).
All of our software is open source, so that educators, adopters, extenders, and contributors can innovate with online education, and expand on what we’ve built.
Does that sound like a company you could work for?
Our growing team is looking to hire an Open edX Community Manager who will oversee the edX open source efforts, both externally and internally. You will be in charge of outward-facing Open edX community building. You will work closely with the Engineering and Product groups to build a vibrant open-source community and ensure there is an appreciation and understanding of the community's requirements.
This is a very important management and individual contributor role within the edX organization. You will be able to make a substantial impact by driving the adoption of Open edX engagement by:
- Managing a successful team of software engineers
- Creating, initiating and driving tactics targeting users, higher education and high schools, open source projects and community influencers
- Advocating for the global community where ideas are shared and incorporated into the edX engineering process
- Partnering with engineering to create a process that enables global community involvement
- Interacting with community members in person or virtually to identify and resolve satisfaction issues
- Delivering presentations with rich content and clarity
- Organizing and coordinating events, both face-to-face and online
- Understanding when to actively engage with the community and assessing how to connect disparate groups with compatible goals
- At least two years of experiencing managing or leading a technical team
- The ability to motivate a team and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of the open source community and developers who participate in open source projects
- Experience with open-source contribution processes
- Proven experience managing conflicting goals and designing compromise processes while moving towards goals
- Understanding software functionality to coordinate between internal and external community members and set up the right conversations
- Understanding how to have a good balance between caution for not breaking things and optimism that it will all work out
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across multi-cultural environments
- Bachelors degree
- A high level of technical understanding, preferred but not required
If you are interested in this position, please send an email to email@example.com.
Due to the high level of interest in working at edX, we are unable to contact all applicants personally. If your background matches our hiring needs a recruiter or hiring manager will contact you directly.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.