EdX is looking for a full stack engineer who can contribute to its Open Source learning platform. This engineer will work on the Open Ended Evaluation team, whose primary mission is to build scalable mechanisms to grade short answer and essay questions. Typically these solutions manifest in multiple forms such as sophisticated AI grading, peer, instructor and self assessments. While this position doesn’t require an AI background, it would certainly be a plus.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems
- Understand and leverage key aspects of building operationally viable solutions
- Support the open source community
- Real-world experience with Python or other dynamic development languages.
- Demonstrated skills in building service oriented architectures
- Test Driven Development
- Contributor to or consumer of Open Source Frameworks
- Experience working in a agile development environment
- Committed to documentation best practices so your code can be consumed in an open source environment
- BS in computer science or related degree from a top-tier institution
If you are interested in this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high level of interest in working at edX, we are unable to contact all applicants personally. If your background matches our hiring needs a recruiter or hiring manager will contact you directly.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.