edX Program Managers (PMs) help our member institutions take advantage of edX technology and services to create world-class online courses, and encourage the exploration of an emerging form of education for global populations.
In this mission-driven organization, our PMs are systems-thinkers who drive the course creation and delivery process, working with our clients’ staff from start to finish. They bring a unique balance of business acumen, customer centricity, project management and organization skills, online learning approaches, and technical savvy to help our client teams be successful.
PMs are able to examine and explain what they do in great detail, and think abstractly about people, time and processes.
- Coordinating the efforts of multiple teams engaged in course production and delivery
- Helping client teams adopt best practices for workflows and tools
- Providing mentoring and training to course teams to help them scale their course production ability
- Improve internal and client facing workflows to take the best advantage of available resources
- Encouraging innovation and creativity both within edX, and in their clients’ course teams
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- At least 3-5 years experience in professional services, mostly in a client facing role with top universities around the world and/or in global Fortune 1000 organizations
- Demonstrated working knowledge of educational technologies, social collaboration and multimedia-driven learning preferred
- Proven record of successful program management. Ability to manage a portfolio of multiple projects from various partners simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills coupled with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication
- Proactive, optimistic approach to problem-solving and time management, able to define and solve high-stakes problems including technical, process and organizational issues
- Demonstrated ability to influence and get work done through others. Strong stakeholder management across a range of partners, levels, functions
- Ability to describe large and complicated software systems to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to create processes that provide systematic solutions to open-ended challenges
- Fluent foreign language skills are a plus
If you are interested in this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high level of interest in working at edX, we are unable to contact all applicants personally. If your background matches our hiring needs a recruiter or hiring manager will contact you directly.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.