Support edX students by handling or routing inquiries that come in from our websites, email, chat and social media. This involves:
- Resolving incoming issues according to edX policies; escalating non-routine issues appropriately.
- Educating students on edX procedures.
- Providing timely, personal, high quality responses, including follow-up and resolution.
- Developing scripts, FAQs, and knowledge base articles that address common student concerns.
- Working within edX to continually improve the student experience by providing feedback regarding common issues.
- 1-3 years prior experience in a customer service role.
- Superb customer service and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving – identifies, evaluates and resolves problems in a timely manner. Skillfully gathers and analyzes information.
- Great interpersonal skills – works well on a team, remains open to others' ideas, is willing to try new things, and maintains confidentiality.
- Oral communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication - writes clearly and persuasively, edits work for spelling and grammar, presents technical information effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability - is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Proficiency in French or Mandarin preferred.
- College degree in related field preferred
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari. Open to learning new systems and tools.
- Passion for doing the right thing - at edX the student is always our top priority.
Note: This is a 4 month contract position.
If you are interested in this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high level of interest in working at edX, we are unable to contact all applicants personally. If your background matches our hiring needs a recruiter or hiring manager will contact you directly.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.