BayreuthX: Biomaterials and Biofabrication: Design, Engineering and Innovation
Take our MOOC to expand your knowledge about biomaterials, biomedical engineering, additive manufacturing, tissue engineering and to obtain insights on the future of biofabrication. This MOOC will benefit individuals working in the biomedical sector to discover emerging trends and achieve their next career step.
There is one session available:
Biomaterials and Biofabrication: Design, Engineering and Innovation
About this courseSkip About this course
Different materials and processing techniques have revolutionized the medical field. From artificial hips that keep people mobile to wound dressings that can replace the need for a skin graft, the field of biomaterials and biomedical engineering has refocused the emphasis from the length of a lifetime to the quality of life. Seeking to completely heal wounds and cure diseases, cutting edge research in biomedical engineering has drifted towards smart drugs and materials, tissue engineering, and biofabrication.
Are you curious about technology and innovation in the medical sector? Are you interested in multidisciplinary studies that combine engineering, chemistry, materials science, biology, and medicine? Are you fascinated by the power of natural resources and how they are used to solve current challenges? Enroll in the MOOC Biomaterials and Biofabrication: Design, Engineering and Innovation offered by the University of Bayreuth!
This MOOC leads you through a storyline where you follow Emma and Paul, our fictional characters, as they explore the world of biomedical engineering. Our interactive videos enforce all concepts (e.g. metals, ceramics, polymers, hydrogels, hip implants, biocompatibility, additive manufacturing, bioreactors, tissue engineering, tissue regeneration, 3D printing, and more) with entertaining scenarios, examples, an accompanying textbook and in-video quizzes. You have the opportunity to learn from international field experts who present highly engaging, application-oriented content that will sharpen your theoretical and practical skills. You can also participate in our biannual, live sessions with the course coordinator, Prof. Dr. Thomas Scheibel.
Start your journey of becoming an expert in biomedical engineering and science with our MOOC!
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: Biomaterial, Research, Wound Dressing, Biomedical Engineering, Curiosity, Ceramics, Chemical Engineering, Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing), Biocompatibility, Biology, 3D Printing, Innovation, Tissue Engineering, Materials Science
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Key concepts in the biomaterials and medical devices
- Clinical testing and quality assurance
- Key concepts in the field of tissue engineering
- Key challenges in the field of tissue engineering
- Key concepts in biofabrication
- How to develop products to solve biomedical problems
- Current trends in the field of biofabrication
- Chapter 1 "Biomaterials Part 1"
- Chapter 2 "Biomaterials Part 2"
- Chapter 3 "Additive Manufacturing and Quality Assurance"
- Chapter 4 "Tissue Engineering and Bioreactors"
- Chapter 5 “Tissue Regeneration”
- Chapter 6 "Biofabrication"