About this courseSkip About this course
Keen to learn about recording and summarising financial transactions? Want to look at financial statements and understand the numbers you are seeing? Start learning today with this Financial Accounting course, where you’ll be wowed with the comprehensive lessons taking you on a journey from double entry bookkeeping right through to preparing and interpreting a set of financial statements.
Financial Accounting is an important branch to the finance function of a business, without it the financial health and prospects of a business would not be determinable. This course delves deeper into the recording, processing, reporting and summarising of business transactions and events.
This course is especially beneficial if you want to:
- Equip yourself with the knowledge to undertake a role working as a junior within a financial accounting department
- Launch your own business and need an understanding of financial accounting
- Prepare for the ACCA’s exam in Financial Accounting (FA)
There is no prior knowledge required. Start learning today and accelerate your business and finance acumen.
To check availability of this course in your country please click here.
To coincide with syllabus changes coming into effect from 20th September 2023 onwards, ACCA-X will be releasing a new version of this course on 28th August 2023. This new version will include technical content and question updates relevant to the 2023/2024 syllabus.
It is therefore important to ensure you enrol onto the correct version of the course. Detailed syllabus information is available within the course and can also be found here
This course does not offer an edX certificate.
Those learners who would like to earn an award will have the opportunity to register with ACCA as a student, take computer based exams and gain the ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business.
You can find your nearest ACCA exam centre on the ACCA website.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: Management Accounting, Finance, Financial Statements, Bookkeeping, Accounting, Association Of Chartered Certified Accountants, Financial Accounting
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Context and purpose of financial reporting
- Qualitative characteristics of financial information
- Use of double-entry and accounting systems
- How to record transactions and events
- How to prepare a trial balance (including identifying and correcting errors)
- How to prepare basic financial statements for incorporated and unincorporated entities
- How to interpret and prepare simple consolidated financial statements
Learner testimonialsSkip Learner testimonials
"The courses gave me confidence in my accounting knowledge." - Bree from the United States
"Studying with ACCA-X gave me confidence and knowledge. I got 95% in my FFA exam. And in less than one year, I had retrained and got the financial and management accounting job I wanted." - Vanessa Lavoipierre, from South Africa and the UK