Resume, Networking, and Interview Skills
About this courseSkip About this course
Your skills and expertise are only as strong as your ability to sell them. To secure a job that appeals to you, you also need to know how to present yourself as an attractive potential employee. This career development course will help you highlight your skills and stand out in the crowd through your application materials, networking opportunities, and interviews. By the end of the course, you will be equipped to make a lasting impression on hiring managers and others throughout your job search.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to construct eye-catching resumes, cover letters, and other supplements
- How to customize application materials for different professional opportunities
- How to create and curate professional profiles on social networks like LinkedIn to showcase your strengths
- How to strategically grow and use your network
- How to prepare for and excel in any interview
- How to effectively follow up with interviewers and hiring managers throughout the interview process
This is a self-paced course and can be completed according to your own schedule. Our recommendation is to complete the course over four weeks, with one to two hours of time investment per week. After the Course Introduction, each section should take approximately one to two hours to complete.
Section 0: Course Introduction
Review course logistics, including the course overview, schedule, components, grading, and support.
Section 1: Resume
Learn how to effectively build a resume, cover letter, and other supplements, as well how to customize key documents for different opportunities.
Section 2: Networking
Learn how to make things happen for yourself by preparing for, performing in, and following up on networking opportunities.
Section 3: Interview Skills
Learn how to prepare for a variety of interview types by acing common interview questions and mastering other key strategies. Finally, learn how to secure–and accept–your next job opportunity.
Section 4: Final Assessment and Course Recap
Demonstrate your mastery of the course content in the final assessment.