There is one session available:
Getting Started with Your Raspberry Pi
About this courseSkip About this course
The Raspberry Pi is an accessible and versatile mini-computer – let the Raspberry Pi Foundation guide you on how to get started on your journey of exploring its many uses and applications.
On this course, you’ll learn how to get your Raspberry Pi ready to use, before exploring what you can do with it. You’ll see how you could use your Raspberry Pi for everyday tasks, to help you to learn to code, and to get started with physical computing.
Ultimately, you’ll learn how to connect to your Raspberry Pi remotely, and how to take control of your Raspberry Pi as a systems administrator. You’ll also discover more resources to continue your Raspberry Pi journey.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
Over the following three weeks, you will:
- Perform an installation of the Raspberry Pi operating system using the Raspberry Pi Imager
- Modify your setup by connecting additional components and installing new software
- Explain how your Raspberry Pi can be used for learning to program and getting started with physical computing
- Apply your knowledge of basic system administration to take more control of your Raspberry Pi
This course will cover:
- The Raspberry Pi Operating System
- The Raspberry Pi Desktop
- Adding and using software on your Raspberry Pi
- Everyday computing with your Raspberry Pi
- Connecting more hardware
- Getting started with coding
- The Unix command line
- Remote access and security
Frequently Asked QuestionsSkip Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this course for?
This course is for beginners who want to learn how to use their new Raspberry Pi, and have no experience with Unix-based systems.