There is one session available:
Introduction to Machine Learning and AI
About this courseSkip About this course
From self-driving cars to determining someone's age, artificial intelligence (AI) systems trained with machine learning (ML) are being used more and more. But what is AI, and what does machine learning actually involve?
In this four-week course from the Raspberry Pi Foundation, you'll learn about different types of machine learning, and use online tools to train your own AI models. You'll find out about the types of problems that machine learning can help to solve, discuss how AI is changing the world, and think about the ethics of collecting data to train a machine learning model.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
Over the following four weeks, you will:
- Demonstrate several working machine learning models
- Explain the different types of machine learning, and the problems that they are suitable for
- Compare supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement learning
- Discuss the ethical issues surrounding machine learning and AI
This course will cover:
- The history of AI
- What are AI and machine learning?
- Using AI for classification
- What problems can AI solve?
- Collecting and preparing data for machine learning
- Potential problems with AI
- The machine learning process
- Supervised learning: Decision trees and nearest neighbour
- Unsupervised learning
- Reinforcement learning
- How neural networks work
- Writing a good ML resource
Frequently Asked QuestionsSkip Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this course for?
This course is for people who would like to know more about machine learning and particularly how it works, without having to understand the maths involved.
What software will I need?
One of these tasks will also require the use of a webcam.