There is one session available:
Sensing Planet Earth – Water and Ice
About this courseSkip About this course
Global warming. Rising sea levels. Droughts. Flooding. The melting of the polar ice caps.
Join us, when we discover how continental water and ice masses are measured and monitored through remote sensing. Our experts give you first-hand insights how water and mass transport can be traced, and how this relates to the complex processes in the Earth‘s system.
Together with your fellow learners you will assess and evaluate statements made in relation to climate change. This will prepare you to make evidence-based decisions for a sustainable future.
Join us and let’s sense planet Earth together!
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Foundations of Environmental Science: Measuring and monitoring our planet
- Associated skills: Remote Sensing
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How we measure the hydrosphere and the cryosphere
- How to judge the quality and reliability of earth observations
- How to compare measurement tools
- How to assess the impact of global change on our environment