Sensing Planet Earth – From Core to Outer Space
About this courseSkip About this course
In this course, we will take you on a virtual journey covering different Earth observation tools. In the course modules, we cover the most essential measurement tools for solid Earth, the atmosphere, and the biosphere. Our experts will give you first-hand insights why, where, and how those techniques are applied and they will show you how sensors work in space, on aircrafts, and on the ground.
You will be given insights on how you can use data from various sensors to better understand our living planet and how it changes. Together with your fellow learners all over the world, you will conduct joined experiments that demonstrate, how easy it is to sense the Earth’s environment. On top of that, world-renowned experts will be interviewed - telling you why they think it is so important that we study our planet.
Join us and let’s sense planet Earth together!
NOTE: This online course content has been updated in 2022.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Foundations of Environmental Science: Measuring and monitoring our planet
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How we measure solid earth, atmosphere and biosphere
- How to judge the quality and reliability of earth observations
- How to compare measurement tools
- How we apply earth observations to better understand our planet