A Hands-on Introduction to Engineering Simulations
About this courseSkip About this course
In this hands-on course, you'll learn how to perform engineering simulations using a powerful tool from Ansys, Inc. This is a problem-based course where you'll learn by doing. The focus will be on understanding what's under the blackbox so as to move beyond garbage-in, garbage-out. You'll practice using a common solution approach to problems involving different physics: structural mechanics, fluid dynamics and heat transfer.
We'll solve textbook examples to understand the fundamental principles of finite-element analysis and computational fluid dynamics. Then we'll apply these principles to simulate real-world examples in the tool including a bolted rocket assembly and a wind turbine rotor.We'll discuss current industry practices with a SpaceX engineer. By working through examples in a leading simulation tool that professionals use, you'll learn to move beyond button pushing and start thinking like an expert.
This course teaches fundamental concepts and tool use in an integrated fashion using the power of online learning. All learners will have access to a free download of Ansys Student.
Join us to discover why simulations have changed how engineering is done and how you can be a part of this revolution.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: Industry Practices, Simulations, Structural Mechanics, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Finite Element Methods, Fluid Dynamics, Ansys Simulation Software, Physics
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Big ideas in finite-element analysis and computational fluid dynamics
- Fluid dynamics simulations using Ansys Fluent™
- Structural mechanics simulations using Ansys Mechanical™
- Mathematical models underlying simulations
- Building simulations of real-world applications using Ansys® software
- Verification and validation of simulations including checking against hand calculations
- How to approach engineering analysis and simulations like an expert
Learner testimonialsSkip Learner testimonials
"The high quality of the introduction to problems (LOVE the big ideas pieces) and careful stepping through complex mathematics to get the learner to a point where the Ansys task makes sense is very engaging." -- Previous Learner
"I have a good understanding of the mathematics but the way it is explained here would have made my acquisition of that understanding so so much quicker. I appreciate this course for the big picture and practical frame it puts over a very complex and what for me was a bewildering area." -- Previous Learner