Sustainability in Everyday Life
About this courseSkip About this course
Daily headlines warn of new chemical dangers, species on the edge of extinction, global warming-- framing our planet as “at risk.”
Some people stop listening, others get alarmed, while some others want to learn more in hopes of making a difference in the world.
Do you want to live a more sustainable life? In this environmental studies course, you will learn how to make more informed choices about your ecological footprint and gain a better understanding of how your choices impact on our world.
This course is organized into five key themes: chemicals, globalization, climate change, food and energy. These five themes represent challenges that people face day-to-day managing choices relating to sustainability.
In the final task of this course, you will demonstrate how you have acquired the skills and knowledge to organize your everyday life sustainably.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts:
- Associated skills: Environmental Studies
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Appreciate the complexity of sustainable development and understand how it relates to everyday life
- Critically evaluate and reflect on the information flow from the public media
- Develop cognitive and decision-making skills that can be applied to issues and problems in everyday life
- How to discuss these topics appropriately, and encourage others to make informed decisions regarding sustainable living