There is one session available:
GitHub Supply Chain Security Using GitGat
About this courseSkip About this course
Source code management systems are where code, ci-scripts, and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) scripts are stored and managed. That means that properly protecting the SCM is an important step towards securing the software supply chain, and specifically - securing your code. In this course, you will gain an understanding of these categories, why they are important, and how to implement the security controls in GitHub. We’ll use the open source GitGat security report as a guide to the needed security steps. We’ll then see how to use GitGat to set a continuous security audit that takes the current state into account. Finally, we’ll peek under the hood to understand OPA (Open Policy Agent), Gitgat’s underlying technology.
The course is for anyone who has a GitHub account, manages repositories on GitHub, or is responsible for securing such repositories or accounts. The course could fit both hobbyists and professionals who manage GitHub organizations. In addition, the “under the hood” sections could be of interest to developers who are interested in OPA-based projects.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: Open Policy Agent, Github, Information Technology Security Auditing, Version Control, Security Controls, Open Source Technology, Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Security, Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Correctly assess your own\your organization’s GitHub account security posture using the Gitgat open-source tool
- Set up basic GitHub security posture, whether you’re an individual or run a GitHub organization
- Set up the state for the GitGat project and know how to set up a continuous security audit of your repositories
- Welcome to LFD122x!
- Ch 1. Why should we care about GitHub security posture
- Ch 2. The GitGat security report
- Ch 3. Access control
- Ch 4. Permissions
- Ch 5. Branch Protections
- Ch 6. File Modification Tracking
- Ch 7. Incorporating State and continuous security-posture monitoring.
- Ch 8. Under the hood 1: Rego and OPA basics
- Ch 9. Under the hood 2: understanding the Gitgat project
- Final Exam (verified track only)