Leading With Effective Communication (Inclusive Leadership Training)
About this courseSkip About this course
What does it take to inspire others, promote a novel idea, or even have a difficult conversation? How can you position yourself as a leader through inclusive communication? How do you know that the message you are intending to send is what is being received? Join Catalyst experts to explore this topic and the important role communication plays in inclusive leadership.
All too often, we struggle to communicate effectively—particularly with others who are different from us in some way. This course will show you how the most effective communication utilizes the inclusive leadership mindset of Empowerment, Accountability, Courage, and Humility and guide you on how to use that mindset yourself. Through research and real-world examples, you will learn strategies to enhance your communication skills and approach. Topics will include understanding dialogue processes, debunking everyday communication myths, testing assumptions, listening, expressing yourself authentically, and communicating across differences. With short quizzes, compelling case studies, and engaging videos, you will develop knowledge in each section and share your experience with other learners.
Throughout the course, you will create a plan of action to help apply the strategies learned in this course to your work and other parts of your life.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Inclusive Leadership
- Associated skills: Humility, Leadership Development, Leadership, Communications, Accountability, Empowerment
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Approaches, frameworks, and tools for communicating effectively.
- How inclusive leadership and effective communication are intertwined.
- How to work through everyday communication roadblocks.
- Strategies to create space for transparent and authentic communication, where people across differences feel safe to speak up and share ideas.
- Discover your own communication strengths to build effective relationships in your professional or personal lives.
Learner testimonialsSkip Learner testimonials
_"Since the day I started applying EACH to my life, everything has gone better and better. My plan to change the world is to use EACH and spread the word out so that every single person in this world can be even happier and more effective."
“I am starting a new job next week, so I am looking forward to putting all these techniques I've learned into practice in a completely new situation. Thank you Catalyst!”
“It dawned on me one day that I wasn't actually an effective communicator because I couldn't listen attentively before I voice out my opinion. I'm really grateful for the organisers of this very course. It's been wonderful, mind blowing, fantastic all the way. Thank y'all.”_