There is one session available:
Sustainability & Major Sport Events: Implementation
About this courseSkip About this course
When planning to host a major sport event you must take certain steps to ensure that the event is not only sustainable for the host city or region, but also leaves a lasting legacy long after the event has concluded.
The first course in the Sustainability & Major Sport Events Professional Certificate program teaches the five pillars of sustainability and looks at how these pillars should be implemented during the planning and hosting phase. With these pillars as the core principles, this second course provides you with the practical steps to take and tools to use when managing an event, and more specifically when implementing a sustainable major sport event. You are also presented with best practices in terms of strategy, sustainable procurement, and action plans to further enhance your learning.
Course created with support from
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to formulate and write a strategy for sustainable major sport events
- How to write, implement and track the progress of an action plan for sustainable major sport events
- Reporting on the progress and impact of your sustainable major sport event
- How to ensure that procurement processes and practices are sustainable
- Planning for and delivering legacy/ long-term impactof your major sport event
- How to write, target and deliver an effective communications campaign for your major sport event
Module 1: Sustainable Major Sport Events: Implementation
Module 3: Action Planning and Implementation
Module 4: Sustainability Reporting
Module 5: Sustainable Procurement
Module 6: Legacy and Development
Module 7: Communications
Module 8: Final Assignment
Learner testimonialsSkip Learner testimonials
"I was thrilled to see the partnership of the Josoor Institute, HBKU, and the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. The structure of this certificate – only two courses but two that are quality and chock-full of real-world, applicable information and best practices – was a great fit for me. I loved the real-life case studies of major sports events. The assignments were exceedingly useful." Amelia Hagen – Global Consultant, FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Workforce Operations Coordinator, TMS Global.