What you will learn
- Comprehend the foundations of modern finance.
- Understand the basics of corporate finance, capital budgeting, real and financial options, capital structure, yield curve analysis, and corporate risk management.
- Apply financial decision making, the theory of efficient markets, valuation theory, financial securities, risk analysis, portfolio theory, derivatives pricing, hedging strategies based on duration and convexity, and asset pricing models.
- Identify the basic structure of financial reports and the process of recording transactions. Understand how investors, creditors, and other users analyze financial statements to assess corporate performance.
- Perform applied computational techniques in R and apply advanced mathematical topics in financial engineering and quantitative finance using linear algebra, optimization, probability, stochastic processes, and statistics.
Courses in this program
MITx's Finance MicroMasters® Program
- Certificate & Credit Pathways
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructors from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MITx)
Experts from MITx committed to teaching online learning
Goldman Sachs is always seeking candidates with the right balance of foundational financial knowledge and leading edge quantitative expertise. Completing the MITx MicroMasters®️ Program in Finance indicates a level of skill and commitment that we look for when hiring or promoting finance professionals.