What you will learn
- Understand the challenges of switching from a fossil source-based economy to a biobased economy.
- Understand how to identify suitable raw materials and create valuable new products.
- Learn how to refine biomass without damaging its valuable components.
- Perform a functional analysis of potential methods that can be used for refining a resource.
- Learn how to efficiently convert biobased feedstocks into desired products.
- Evaluate technological, ethical, societal and economic consequences in the production of biobased products.
Courses in this program
WageningenX's Chemistry and Technology for Sustainability MicroMasters® Program
- Certificate & Credit Pathways
- Job Outlook
Meet your instructors from Wageningen University & Research (WageningenX)
Experts from WageningenX committed to teaching online learning
At AkzoNobel, we see the chemical industry plotting a new sustainable course for biobased resources and products. This change requires updated skills and expertise. Following this MicroMasters Program will help you navigate these novel waters.