- 6 Modules
- Fully Online
- 2-3 years
The Online MBA from Boston University Questrom School of Business is for mid-career professionals looking to advance their careers in the increasingly interconnected, rapidly-changing, global ecosystem of the digital age. This innovative degree program is designed from the ground-up for the global online learner who seeks the business foundations of the internationally-recognized MBA credential from a highly-ranked private business school. This MBA degree is 100% online, delivered by Questrom’s renowned faculty, and can be completed part-time in as little as 24 months.
The online Master of Business Administration degree leverages insights gained from global conversations with over 3,000 industry professionals and academics in ten regions around the world. Through these conversations we learned the critical capabilities business leaders need to drive socially-responsible organizations that create value for the world in the 21st century.
In addition to the core business discipline knowledge and skills employers expect (strategic management, organizational behavior, business analytics, supply chain management, project management, financial management etc), the degree program provides foundations in emerging areas typically found in electives, such as digital transformation, the social role of business, data-driven decisions, leading with integrity, globalization, and innovation. So, while you won’t see individual courses in our design, you can be assured that you are receiving the same rigorous core business knowledge expected from the globally-recognized MBA credential.
Online MBA students become part of a learning community that includes outstanding faculty members, a global network of talented peers, more than 50,000 Questrom alumni from over 147 countries, and over 330,000 Boston University alumni.
- #28Most Innovative UniversityUS News & World Report, 2018
- #37MBA in the United StatesFinancial Times Global MBA Ranking, 2019
Important dates & deadlines
Program requirements are subject to final University approval.
Please note: if the class has been filled before the final application deadline for a specific entry date, applicants will receive priority consideration for the next available entry date.
A complete MBA program application includes the following:
- Online Application Form
- Application Fee ($125)
- Transcripts from all universities attended for twelve or more credits. Transcripts should show evidence of academic success in a conferred bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent, from an accredited institution. Please note that we may ask for transcripts of courses taken for less than twelve credits if found necessary to evaluate your application.
- Current resume showing all professional work experience. It is recommended that applicants have 3+ years of work experience.
- One professional letter of recommendation, preferably from a previous or current employer.
- One written essay - Your written essay should be no more than 750 words and should explain to the admissions committee why you’d like to earn your degree from the Questrom School of Business specifically. It should also address why you have selected the Online MBA program in particular and how the Online MBA will help you achieve your post-graduate goals.
- International Students: Unless qualified for a waiver, non-native English speakers are required to submit a TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score report. Complete the "Learn More" form above to receive additional information and to assess whether you qualify for a waiver.
- As part of the application evaluation process, candidates are asked to participate in a Kira Talent Assessment. Complete the "Learn More" form above to receive additional information.
Complete the "Learn More" form above to receive additional information and to assess the full application checklist and details on each application component.
The BU Questrom Online MBA curriculum requires 45 credit-hours of coursework comprised of six 7.5-credit semester-long integrated modules. We've designed each module to weave together core global business concepts, so instead of studying business in silos, you'll study business the way you experience it every day in the real-world: as complex interconnected challenges. The Online MBA curriculum will equip you with the decision-making and leadership skills business professionals need to make management decisions in the international business ecosystem