What You Will Learn
- Drive your company’s Return on Investment (ROI) with analytics-based marketing strategies.
- Apply analytics tools and techniques to real-world problems and scenarios.
- Practical applications in price and promotion analytics.
- Analysis of competitive trends.
- Distribution and sales performance.
- Competitive Analysis and Market Segmentation.
- Budgets for multiple campaigns.
- Advanced programming languages.
- Conjoint analysis, decision trees.
- Brick and mortar vs. e-commerce channels.
- Exclusive for Verified students: Practical application of R, the industry standard for data analysis, to critical and common marketing questions.
Courses in this Program
Marketing analytics is increasingly important as a central strategy to drive company performance. Analytical capabilities, even in entry-level marketing positions, are a must for career advancement. The MicroMasters program from Berkeley Extension will help you to gain skills in quantitative marketing techniques to deploy immediately and see practical benefits in the workplace. This powerful series builds your knowledge and skills with industry best practices and approaches for marketing measurement and analysis. Begin your journey to become a data wrangler and learn how to tell the stories hidden in your company’s data.
The program is designed and taught by industry expert Stephan Sorger, who has held leadership roles in marketing and product development at companies such as Oracle, 3Com and NASA. He has taught for over a decade at UC Berkeley Extension and is the author of two widely adopted marketing textbooks.
- This program focuses on skills that are beneficial to the following jobs: Marketing Manager; Product Marketing Manager; Market Researcher; Search Engine Marketing Specialist; Customer Insights / Business Intelligence Manager; Marketing Operations Manager.
- The Bureau of Labor and Statistics (BLS) forecasts a 19% growth rate for Market Research Analysts through 2024.
- The BLS forecasts a 30% growth rate for Operations Research Analysts through 2024.
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) reports a current shortage of over 150,000 data specialists in the United States alone.
- Over a half million jobs created in “analytics skills” from 2015 through 2018. (PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) report based on Burning Glass data)
"On Demand Advisors specializes in applying analytics-based models to increase market share, leverage competitive differentiation, and drive revenue for our clients. UC Berkeley Extensions' Marketing Analytics MicroMasters Program is designed to ensure that students learn the latest concepts and applications, integrating academic rigor with real world examples from industry. Professionals wanting to enter the field or brush up on skills will find this MicroMasters program an extremely valuable pathway to success."
How To Earn The MicroMasters Program Certificate
Complete and successfully earn a Verified Certificate in all 4 of the Marketing Analytics courses.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Completing the edX MicroMasters in Marketing Analytics and earning your MicroMasters program certificate gives you an Advanced Standing in UC Berkeley Extension’s Marketing Certificate. Learn more about UC Berkeley Extension’s Advanced Standing Certificate in Marketing.
Who can take this program?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.