What you will learn
- Solid understanding of the guiding principles of AI.
- Apply concepts of machine learning to real life problems and applications.
- Design and harness the power of Neural Networks.
- Broad applications of AI in fields of robotics, vision and physical simulation.
Gain expertise in one of the most fascinating and fastest growing areas of computer science through an innovative online program that covers fascinating and compelling topics in the field of Artificial Intelligence and its applications. This MicroMasters program from Columbia University will give you a rigorous, advanced, professional, graduate-level foundation in Artificial Intelligence. The program represents 25% of the coursework toward a Master's degree in Computer Science at Columbia.
Courses in this program
ColumbiaX's Artificial Intelligence MicroMasters® Program
- Started Feb 10, 20208–10 hours per week, for 12 weeks
Learn the fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence (AI), and apply them. Design intelligent agents to solve real-world problems including, search, games, machine learning, logic, and constraint satisfaction problems.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must complete and successfully earn a verified certificate in all four MicroMasters program courses.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters program certificate are eligible to apply to the Master of Computer Science program at Columbia University. If a learner applies to the Master of Computer Science program at Columbia University and is accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count toward 7.5 of the 30 credits required for graduation from the on-campus or online Master of Computer Science program.
For more information, see the MicroMasters FAQ page.
- Though Artificial Intelligence is one of the fastest-growing areas for high-tech professionals, there are too few qualified engineers, according to a recent Kiplinger report.
- Robotics and artificial intelligence will impact wide segments of daily life by 2025, with huge implications for a range of industries such as health care, transport and logistics, customer service, and home maintenance. (Pew Internet)
- The need for AI specialists exists in just about every field as companies seek to give computers the ability to think, learn, and adapt. (IEEE)
- Exciting and rewarding career opportunities as a Machine Learning Software Engineer, Deep Learning Specialist, Data Scientist, Automation Engineer, 3D Artist, Computer Vision Engineer, and many more!
Meet your instructors
Experts from ColumbiaX committed to teaching online learning
GE highly values professionals with proficiency in artificial intelligence and machine learning. For me, a candidate credentialed through edX MicroMasters course in Artificial Intelligence would have a marked advantage.
The MicroMasters program in Artificial Intelligence is intended for those who have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics and have a basic understanding of statistics, college level algebra, calculus and comfort with programming languages.
Unfortunately, learners from Iran and Cuba will not be able to register for this course. While edX has received a licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer courses to learners from these countries, our licenses do not cover this course. EdX truly regrets that US sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.