What you will learn
- How to use management and leadership frameworks, theories, and case studies to address complex issues in healthcare organizations
- Evidence-based methods for planning, organizing, leading, and advocating for patients, families and communities in the public health sector
- How to manage the economic environment in healthcare
- Financial Management techniques to prepare budgets, financial forecasts, assess investment alternatives, and leverage capital structures within healthcare organizations
- Evaluate the value of new healthcare delivery systems and interventions on the basis of quality, safety, efficiency and cost effectiveness using accumulated data.
- Evaluate health policy as it applies to industry economics, needs demands and quality of care.
- Apply advocacy skills including quality of care, patients-rights, cultural competency and preventative care.
- Demonstrate an understanding of healthcare system providers, financing, consumerism, past and future trends and regulatory and legal framework.
- Apply leadership frameworks, skills and functions of management in planning, organizing leadership and systems control.
The Healthcare Administration MicroMasters program consists of 7 courses and a capstone exam. After completing, you can also apply to Doane University to complete your MBA online for approximately $10,500 (more details below).
The demand for skilled Healthcare Administrators is projected to grow 17 percent between 2016 and 2026,
The Healthcare Administration MicroMasters program will introduce learners to management and leadership frameworks, theories and case studies specific to healthcare organizations. It will also prepare students with the skills to manage the complex issues inherent in healthcare systems and lead in the public health sector.
Learners will examine a variety of evidence-based methods to advocate for patients, families, and communities, as well as within healthcare organizations. They will also explore financial management techniques used to prepare budgets, develop financial forecasts, assess investment alternatives, and leverage capital structures all within the context of healthcare organizations and explore the healthcare system economic environment by taking on managerial roles.
Courses in this program
DoaneX's Healthcare Administration MicroMasters® Program
- 5–10 hours per week, for 3 weeks
Leaders in a healthcare environment are faced withdecisions and challenges every day that can affect public health. Learn about health informatics solutions, powerful tools in managing datato makeevidence-baseddecisions.
- 5–10 hours per week, for 5 weeks
Gain the knowledge of financial systems needed to be a leader or administrator in the healthcare industry and how they impact strategic planning, quality assurance and risk management initiatives.
- 5–10 hours per week, for 5 weeks
Explore important issues in health law. Discover how health policies are developed, adopted and implemented, as well as the factors that influence this process.
- 5–10 hours per week, for 2 weeks
Explore the ethics behind global approaches to the care of diverse vulnerable populations in order to provide comprehensive care to all populations within a healthcare system.
- 1–2 hours per week, for 1 weeks
Take the Comprehensive Exam and demonstrate the knowledge and skills acquired in the Healthcare Administration MicroMasters program to earn the DoaneX MicroMasters credential.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must complete and successfully earn a verified certificate in all seven MicroMasters program courses, as well as the comprehensive capstone exam.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Learners who successfully complete the MicroMasters program in Healthcare Administration may then apply to enroll in Doane University’s Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) program. If accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will account for 9 credits out of the total of 30 credits for the full MBA degree.
The MBA program may be completed fully online and at the very affordable price of approximately $10,500. (This does not include the cost of the MicroMasters program verified certificate).
- Healthcare Administration will allow learners to navigate and advance within a variety of healthcare settings.
- The Healthcare Industries’ need for Healthcare Administrators has an average yearly growth of 17% and career opportunities for highly trained Healthcare Administrators continue to rise. (source: www.bls.gov)
- A successful Healthcare Administrator possesses analytical, communication, interpersonal, leadership and technical skills, and is detail oriented.
- Career opportunities in healthcare for advancement as directors, managers, public health and healthcare industry leaders.
- Medical and Health Services Managers median salary in 2016 was $96,540 per year (source: www.bls.gov)
Meet your instructors
Experts from DoaneX committed to teaching online learning
The healthcare industry is constantly changing. With changes in the political landscape, funding, policy and regulations, our leaders need to be equipped to lead and manage within the complex landscape of healthcare. Through my own career experience I have found that employees who possess the knowledge and leadership skills acquired in Healthcare Administration are able to successfully navigate through these complex challenges.
- Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.