What you will learn
- To apply core methodologies (probability, statistics, optimization) used in supply chain modeling and analysis.
- To understand and use fundamental models to make trade-offs between forecasting, inventory, and transportation.
- To design supply chain networks as well as financial and information flows.
- To understand how supply chains act as systems and interact.
- How technology is used within supply chains from fundamentals to packaged software systems.
- End to end supply chain management.
Gain expertise in the growing field of Supply Chain Management through an innovative online program consisting of five courses and a final capstone exam. The MicroMasters Program in Supply Chain from MITx is an advanced, professional, graduate-level foundation in Supply Chain Management. It represents the equivalent of one semester's worth of coursework at MIT.
The MicroMasters program certificate will showcase your understanding of supply chain analytics, design, technology, dynamics and end-to-end supply chain management. Build on the program certificate and take advantage of a great opportunity to be accepted into the #1 ranked supply chain management Masters Degree program for a fraction of the cost.
Courses in this program
MITx's Supply Chain Management MicroMasters® Program
- Started Sep 6, 20238–12 hours per week, for 15 weeks
Master and apply the core methodologies used in supply chain analysis and modeling, including statistics, regression, optimization and probability - part of the MITx Supply Chain Management MicroMasters Credential.
- Started Sep 6, 20238–12 hours per week, for 13 weeks
Learn fundamental concepts for logistics and supply chain management from both analytical and practical perspectives – part of the MITx MicroMasters Credential in Supply Chain Management.
- Starts Jan 3, 20248–12 hours per week, for 13 weeks
Learn how to design and optimize the physical, financial, and information flows of a supply chain to enhance business performance – part of the MITx MicroMasters Credential in Supply Chain Management.
- Started Sep 13, 20238–12 hours per week, for 13 weeks
Learn how to manage and harness the dynamics and interactions between firms and entities within a supply chain - part of the MITx Supply Chain Management MicroMasters Credential.
- Starts Jan 3, 20248–12 hours per week, for 13 weeks
Learn how technology is used in supply chain systems from fundamental concepts to innovative applications - part of the MITx Supply Chain Management MicroMasters Credential.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must complete and successfully earn a verified certificate in all of the courses in this program, as well as pass the final capstone exam. For detailed information about the program, please click here.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to several Master’s programs, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters program certificate in Supply Chain Management are eligible to apply to a number of institutions across the globe to pursue a full Master’s degree. Learn more about all programs listed here or visit the links below.
MIT SCALE Network
MIT Supply Chain Management (USA) – Blended Master's of Applied Science or Engineering in Supply Chain Management
MIT Zaragoza Logistics Center (Spain) – Blended Master of Engineering in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
MIT Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation (Malaysia) – Accelerated Master’s of Supply Chain Management
Arizona State University (USA) – Master of Science in Supply Chain Management
Bethel University (St. Paul, MN, USA) – Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Covenant University (Nigeria) – Master of Business Administration
Curtin University (Australia) – Master of Supply Chain Management and the Master of Commerce (Supply Chain Management)
Deakin University (Australia) – Master of Information Systems & Master of Business Analytics
Doane University (USA) – Master’s Degree in Business Administration (Online MBA)
Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg (Germany) – Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen / Business Administration and Engineering (M.Sc.) and Business Management - Supply Chain Management, Logistik und Produktion (M.A.)
Duquesne University (USA) – MS in Supply Chain Management
Universidad EAN (Colombia) –
The Universidad Galileo (Guatemala) – Master in Operations Management
Griffith University (Australia) – Master of Business
KL deemed to be University (India)
- Masters in Business Management
- Master in Technology in Computer science
- Masters in Technology in Mechanical Engineering
- Masters in Technology in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
Laweh Open University College (Ghana) – MBA Procurement and Supply Chain Management program
Porto Business School (Portugal) – The Digital MBA, the Executive MBA program, and the International MBA program
Purdue University (USA) – Master's of Science in Global Supply Chain Management
The University of Queensland (Australia) – Master of Business Supply Chain Management Field Study
Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences (India) – Master of Business Administration
Reykjavik University (Iceland)
- Master of Business Management
- Master of Science (MSc) in Business Management
- Master of Information Management
- Master of Science (MSc) in Information Management
RTU Riga Business School (Latvia) – MBA Program
RMIT University (Australia)
Rochester Institute of Technology (USA) – Master’s Program in Professional Studies
Royal Roads University (Canada)
Sasin School of Management - Chulalongkorn University (Thailand) – Master of Business Administration
Universidad Tecnológica (Uruguay) – Master in Supply Chain Management
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) (Brazil) – Industrial Engineering Graduate Program
Visit the MIT FAQ site for more information.
- Supply Chain Management positions growing at nearly 270,000 opportunities per year (source: Fortune and Materials Handling Institute)
- Greater demand for Supply Chain professionals than supply – 6 to 8 management positions available per applicant (source: Fortune and Materials Handling Institute)
- Exciting career opportunities as a Logistics Manager, Supply Chain Analyst, Purchasing Manager, Consultant and more. (source: Fortune and Materials Handling Institute)
- Median salary $80,000 per year (source: Fortune and Materials Handling Institute)
Meet your instructors from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MITx)
Experts from MITx committed to teaching online learning
Walmart is always looking to hire the most talented associates in the world, and completing online courses like the MITx MicroMasters credential in Supply Chain Management is a powerful way for people to learn the important skills required to be successful.
- Unfortunately, learners residing in one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.
- You can purchase every course in the program at a 10% discount using the green “Pursue the Program” button at the top left of this page. You can still take each course in the session that works best for you. After you purchase the program, you’ll have 24 months to select a session for each course. You can also complete and purchase the courses one by one. After you’ve earned a verified certificate from each course in the program, you’ll automatically receive the program credential. You can start each course in the Audit track, then upgrade before the course’s payment deadline for a verified certificate. You don’t need to complete all of the courses at once in order to earn the program credential. Courses will be re-offered on an ongoing basis, and all certificates count towards the program credential. There is no overall deadline to complete the program, but individual courses do have deadlines that you can see when enrolled. The program page lists all future course sessions that we have scheduled at this time. Try looking for the “more dates” option above the enrollment button to see future course listings.