There is one session available:
Communication Skills and Teamwork
About this courseSkip About this course
In many careers, the foundation of your professional success is your ability to inform, persuade, and build relationships at work. In this self-paced career development course, you’ll practice communicating, forming teams, and planning projects in a variety of contexts. By the end of the course, you will have the skills and knowledge you need to become influential in the workplace.
This is the second course in Fullbridge’s four-part Career Development XSeries, designed to prepare you to succeed in the modern workplace.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to determine the most appropriate format for different messages
- How to use top-down thinking to structure your communications
- How to manage conflict in a professional and appropriate manner
- How to write clear, concise professional communications, including emails and calendar invitations
- How to design clear and persuasive PowerPoint presentations
- How to achieve team synergy by using the forming, storming, norming, and performing methodology
- How to scope, plan, execute, and reflect on projects
- How to use project-planning tools to track and execute your projects
This is a self-paced course and can be completed according to your own schedule. Our recommendation is to complete the course over four weeks, with one to two hours of time spent working through the course per week. After the Course Introduction, each section should take approximately one to two hours to complete.
Section 0: Course Introduction
Review course logistics, including the course overview, schedule, components, grading, and support.
Section 1: Fundamentals of Communication
Learn the broad strokes of professional communication and how to structure effective communications, reach your audiences, and resolve professional conflicts.
Section 2: Communication Strategies
Familiarize yourself with professional communication strategies for in-person communication, presenting, and emailing.
Section 3: Effective Teamwork and Project Planning
Apply the communication skills you have learned to effective teamwork and project management.
Section 4: Final Assessment and Course Recap
Demonstrate your mastery of the course content in the final assessment.