There is one session available:
Introduction to Deep Learning
About this courseSkip About this course
This 3-credit-hour, 16-week course covers the fundamentals of deep learning. Students will gain a principled understanding of the motivation, justification, and design considerations of the deep neural network approach to machine learning and will complete hands-on projects using TensorFlow and Keras.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Justify the development state-of-the-art deep learning algorithms.
- Make design choices regarding the construction of deep learning algorithms.
- Implement, optimize and tune state-of-the-art deep neural network architectures.
- Identify and address the security aspects of state-of-the-art deep learning algorithms.
- Examine open research problems in deep learning and propose approaches in the literature to tackle them.
Module 1: Introduction to Deep Feedforward Networks
- Gradient-based learning
- Sigmoidal output units
- Back propagation
Module 2: Regularization for Deep Learning
- Regularization strategies
- Noise injection
- Ensemble methods
Module 3: Optimization for Training Deep Models
- Optimization algorithms: Gradient, Hessian-Free, Newton
- Batch normalization
Module 4: Convolutional Neural Networks
- Convolutional kernels
- Downsampled convolution
- Zero padding
- Backpropagating convolution
Module 5: Recurrent Neural Networks
- Recurrence relationship & recurrent networks
- Long short-term memory (LSTM)
- Back propagation through time (BPTT)
- Gated and simple recurrent units
- Neural Turing machine (NTM)