There is one session available:
Introduction to Java Programming – Part 2
About this courseSkip About this course
Do you want to become a better problem solver?
This Java course will provide you with a strong understanding of basic Java programming elements and data abstraction using problem representation and the object-oriented framework. As the saying goes, “A picture is worth a thousand words.” This course will use sample objects such as photos or images to illustrate some important concepts to enhance understanding and retention. You will learn to write procedural programs using variables, arrays, control statements, loops, recursion, data abstraction and objects in an integrated development environment.
This course is comprised of two 5-week parts. Part 1 introduces programming fundamentals. Part 2 covers additional advanced topics.
At a glance
- Institution: HKUSTx
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Introductory
Introduction to Java Programming Part 1 - COMP102.1x is recommended.
- Language: English
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Take a “real-life” problem and abstract out the pertinent aspects necessary to solve it in an algorithmic manner.
- Formulate formal solutions to well-defined problems using the logic of a programming language.
- Implement formal solutions in Java using an integrated development environment.
- Understand the basics of data abstraction using the object-oriented framework.
Module 06: Multidimensional Arrays, Simple Sorting
Module 07: Character String, File I/O
Module 08:Simple Event Driven Programming
Module 09: Recursion
Module 10: Abstract Data Type