Marketing Analytics: Competitive Analysis and Market Segmentation
About this courseSkip About this course
In this marketing course, you will learn about competitive analysis and market segmentation, including how to analyze and structure industries and markets to transform your marketing efforts from vague, generic attempts to laser-guided precision.
You will learn how to predict what your competitors will do next, plus how to segment markets for greater customer satisfaction and company profitability.
This course is taught by Stephan Sorger who has held leadership roles in marketing and product development at companies such as Oracle, 3Com and NASA. He has also taught for over a decade at UC Berkeley Extension and is the author of two widely adopted marketing textbooks.
This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to immediately see practical benefits in the workplace. Analytics-based marketing is increasingly important in determining a company’s spending and ROI. Many entry-level positions in marketing now require some basic level of knowledge in this rapidly growing field.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Competitive analysis
- Market segmentation
- How to analyze and structure markets
- Application of advanced programming languages toward segmentation
- Exclusive Content for Verified Learners:
- Exclusive how-to videos on applying the R programming language to analytics. Many companies, such as Facebook and Google, use R for analytics, so it is a language you need to know.
- Exclusive discussions just for verified learners on the use of R in analytics.