Choose your session:
About this courseSkip About this course
Special Offer : This course includes a great offer from IBM: One year of Watson Assistant services to power 10 chatbots at no charge. The perfect way to kickstart your chatbot building business!
Chatbots are one of the most exciting and in-demand topics in tech. Businesses around the world are increasingly showing an interest in their potential for cost-saving and improving customer service availability.
In this course, you'll learn how to build chatbots powered by Watson and how to approach making money by selling chatbots to clients. We'll coverways to sell chatbots to prospective clients online and offline. We'll explore how to plan and build chatbots using a visual tool provided by IBM. We'll offer methods for testing, analyzing, and improving your chatbots. And we'll teach you how to deploy your chatbots to websites via a handy WordPress plugin.
Leveraging the AI power of Watson Assistant, you will be able toaccomplish all this without the need to write any code!
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- What chatbots are and why they are revolutionary;
- What WatsonAssistant is and how you can leverage its AI capabilities;
- The key principles of good chatbot design;
- How to create your own chatbot withoutthe need to write any code;
- How to deploy your chatbot on WordPress sites;
- How to enroll as an IBM Partner if you intend to build chatbots for customers;
- How to makemoney with chatbots.
Module0 - Introduction to Chatbots
- Introduction to making money with Chatbots
- Becoming an IBM Partner
- Selling clients on the idea
- Finding new clients locally and online
Module 1 - Introduction to Chatbots
- What are chatbots?
- The emergence of Messengers and AI
- Who are chatbots for?
- The chatbot we're going to build
Module 2 - Introduction to Watson Assistant (formerly Conversation)
- WatsonAssistant components
- Dos and Dont's of dialog design
Module 3 -Building Our Chatbot: Intents and Entities
- Creating a workspace
- Defining Chit Chat intents
- Defining Domain-Specific intents
- Defining entities
Module 4 -Building Our Chatbot Dialog
- The defaultWelcomeandAnything elsenodes
- Creating Chit Chat dialog
- Simple conditions and responses
- Handling complex dialog flow
- Trying out and exporting our chatbot
Module 5 - Deploying Our Chatbot on WordPress
- Deploying our chatbot on WordPress
- Installing and configuring the Watson Assistant plugin
- Finding and fixing problems
- More advanced concepts
- Analyzing chatbot conversations
Learner testimonialsSkip Learner testimonials
"I'd like to thank you for the great course about chatbots. I built one and deployed it on my personal website, and two weeks ago I led a team in our company's hackathon where we built a chatbot using IBM Watson and won the 2nd place!" - Yaron Cohen
"Today, I deployed a chatbot for enterprise customers. I designed, developed, and tested it with my team over the last month. I learned how by taking thecourse taught by Antonio Cangiano." - Jordan Olivero
About the instructors
Frequently Asked QuestionsSkip Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I need to be a programmer to take this course?
A: No.We created this course assuming no programming knowledge. Thanks to Watson Assistant, you don't need to be a programmer to build useful chatbots.
Q: But I'm a programmer, is this course too basic for me?
A: If you are a programmer, great! The foundational knowledgewe share in this course will help you create solid chatbots that delight users. Your programming skills will enable you to take your chatbots further, by integrating them with other APIs and data sources.
Q: Is Watson Assistant free?
A: Watson Assistant is a chatbot service available on the IBM Cloud. Once you register for a free account, you'll be able to use the free tier of the service. There are some usage limitations in place (e.g., processing of 10,000 userquestions per months), but they are fairly generous if you are just building one chatbot. If you build chatbots for multiple clients, however, you might find these restrictions too limiting. Thankfully, IBM is offering you a unique opportunity to partner with them and get roughly 10 times the resources each month, for a whole year!
Q: What's the deal with the IBM Partner offer?
A: If you take this course with the intention of making moneyby building and selling chatbots to clients,then this special offer from IBM should be of interest. The course covers the offer in more detail, but the gist of it is that you get to become an IBM Partner and receive a year worth of resources.
Q: But I'm just a student, can I really make money from chatbots?
A: Absolutely.You could run your side-business from your dorm room. Anyonecan take this course and start making money with chatbots if they put in the work.