Compilation Basics for Macroeconomic Statistics
Better data leads to better policies.For policymakers to make sound policy decisions, they need a core set of macroeconomic and financial statistics. Learn the essential background concepts and basic tools needed to compile data using the best available methods.
There is one session available:
About this courseSkip About this course
Thiscoursereviews the basic skills, concepts, and principles required to compile and disseminate macroeconomic and financial statistics. The course covers topics such as residence, institutional units, institutional sectors, accounting rules, financial instruments, stocks and flows, the IMF's Data Standards Initiatives, and presents the basic macroeconomic linkages among these statistics.
Compilation Basics for Macroeconomic Statistics (CBMSx) is offered by the IMF with financial support from the Government of Japan.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Differentiate institutional units and sectors;
- Apply the concept of residence; Record in an integrated manner stocks and flows;
- Apply appropriate accounting rules; Classify financial instruments;
- Summarize the requirements and recommendations of the IMF's Data Standards Initiatives;
- and Evaluate macroeconomic inter-linkages.