- It is no secret that conflict is a part of life and definitely a part of day-to-day business. Conflicts arise due to differences in personality or values. Conflict can be healthy.
- It is a perfectly normal and natural phenomenon of the human condition. Avoiding conflict can be termed as next to impossible. Therefore, learning how to handle conflict is central to build and maintain all relationships.
About this courseSkip About this course
- Uncertainty, Randomness and Disorder are some of the most common and integral part of our lives. Human beings like to feel important and don’t want to be neglected / offended and are concerned about their value in the eyes of the world.
- Wise and learned persons have proclaimed that in this world, Envy, Greed, Arrogance, Fascination, Anger, Fear and Over-confidence, all these seven traits are the main reason of causing conflict in any work undertaken.
- Facing conflict actually builds trust because the fear associated with conflict is often due to not knowing how the other person will respond in a situation.
- Just like anything, the more you do it, the better you become. However, if not handled with maturity and sensibility, conflict alienates people and gets in the way of creativity and productivity.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Understanding various aspects of Conflict.
- Why conflict resolution is so important in difficult and challenging situations.
- How to assess self and situation? (Self-awareness and Values)
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence, its assessment and skills to improve emotional intelligence and its effective application.
- Communication techniques for suitable application.
- Application of motivational techniques leading to a desirable behaviour/situation.
Module 1 : Understanding the importance of Conflict Management and techniques of conflict resolution.
- Positive and negative aspects of Conflict.
- Concern for others and concern for self.
Module 2: Situational awareness, which requires Self-awareness as well as Emotional Intelligence as the key in understanding people, situations, and Interpersonal relationship.
- Knowing your emotions and knowing emotions of others
- Emotion management skills to balance emotions.
Module 3 : Communication is a process by which two or more people exchange ideas, facts, feelings, information in ways that each gains a common understanding of the meaning, intent and use of messages.
- Understanding the role of Communication in handling people and situations
- Its effective usage for conflict resolution.
**Module 4 : Understanding the benefits of Motivation in Conflict Resolution:
- Puts human resources into action, Improves level of efficiency of employees
- Leads to achievement of organisational goals,
- Leads to stability of work force and builds friendly relationships
Module 5: Negotiation for Conflict Resolution
- Situational Analysis and Case Studies