About this courseSkip About this course
Microsoft security engineers have hardened the operating system at every layer of the stack, reducing the attack surface with new security features that help protect against a range of threats. Join a team of experts to explore the ever-increasing levels of security within Windows 10.
You'll start with the Windows 10 defensive stack, including bundled security features.
Configure endpoint security, review additional security tools, like Windows Information Protection and Windows Defender Exploit Guard. In this course, you'll get practical details on built-in, end-to-end protections and support for the larger ecosystem of ISV and OEM partners.
Skill up to face down today’s security threats with hands-on virtualized lab exercises, demos, quizzes, and a final exam. The following team of recognized experts contributed to this course: Andrew Warren, Lesley Kipling, Erdal Ozkaya, Neil Carpenter, Sami Laiho, Raymond Comvalius, Seth Moore, Michiko Short, Mike Terrill, Amitai Rottem, Randy Treit.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- The current nature of the security threat landscape
- The new security architecture and features of Windows 10 that mitigate threats
- Insights into the security services bundled with Windows 10 latest edition
- Knowledge of the supporting security external infrastructure
- The new security baseline configurable using Group Policy Objects (GPO)
- Windows 10 Defensive Stack
- A look how Windows 10 uses advanced features of current hardware
- Software based security features of Windows 10 Anniversary release
- New security features of Windows 10 Creator update 1703
- Remote Credential Guard
- Windows Information Protection
- Windows Defender SmartScree
- Additional Security Tools
- Windows Hello for Business
- Windows Defender Application Guard
- Case Study - Windows 10 platform resilience against the Petya ransomware attack
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $99.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally