What you will learn
- Lifestyle Medicine Core Competencies
- The root causes of chronic diseases
- Specific lifestyle based treatment protocols
- The skills needed to help patients make difficult lifestyle and behavior changes to treat chronic diseases of lifestyle
Current medical services in the healthcare system aren’t designed to maintain good health and the services intended to improve health often fail miserably. The rise in chronic disease and healthcare spending is a looming global crisis.
Lifestyle Medicine involves the use of evidence-based lifestyle therapeutic approaches, to prevent, treat, and, oftentimes, reverse the lifestyle-related, chronic disease that's all too prevalent. This type of healthcare approach provides quality improvements for the future of healthcare.
In this professional series, Dr. Amanda McKinney, an American College of Lifestyle Medicine fellow, explores Lifestyle Medicine’s principles and how to use them in treating many common chronic diseases. Licensed medical practitioners, can refresh or add to their existing knowledge of Lifestyle Medicine.
Courses in this program
DoaneX's Lifestyle Medicine: Improving the Future of Health Care Professional Certificate
- This certification allows providers (NP's, PA's, Docs) to prepare for the board exam (ABLM)
- ABLM certification will notify payers and employers that you have mastered evidence-based Lifestyle Medicine, elevating your credibility
- Certification allows the practitioner to apply evidence based Lifestyle Medicine principles
Meet your instructors
Dr. Amanda McKinney has formulated a series of lifestyle medicine courses that thoroughly stress fundamental and foundational knowledge. This highly professional contribution is definitely a must for anyone aspiring to possess the necessary tools essential for excellence in the specialty of lifestyle medicine.