What you will learn
- Build and train custom image classifiers using Watson, Python and OpenCV.
- Create a customer support chatbot and add it to a website.
- Deploy speech enabled virtual assistants with domain intelligence to Facebook, etc.
- Explore concepts like Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Neural Networks.
- Describe how AI-powered chatbot technology works and its applications.
- Explain what computer vision is and its applications.
- Create an interactive computer vision web application and deploy it to the cloud.
- Understand AI basics, its applications and use cases, and how its transforming our lives.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) continues to transform the world we live in today. As such, it’s imperative for developers and technology consultants alike to understand AI and possess the skills to create AI powered applications in order to be competitive in your field. This program is designed to arm you with the skills to become and AI Application Developer and advance your career.
Through this Professional Certificate program, you will gain a strong understanding of AI, its applications, and use cases, enabling you to apply pre-built AI acumen to your products and solutions. With no prior knowledge or programming background required, you will learn to design, build, and deploy AI-powered applications, create AI driven chatbots, all while developing critical Python skills. You will also become familiar with IBM Watson AI services and APIs.
AI skills are imperative for anyone working or entering the technology sector. This program will prepare you for a career in AI applications and enhance your current skill set to grow in your domain. At the end of this program, you will have several projects in hand showcasing AI applications and building AI powered solutions, and walk away with the skills necessary to succeed in your next career step.
Courses in this program
IBM's Applied AI Professional Certificate
- 1–2 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Learn what Artificial Intelligence (AI) is by understanding its applications and key concepts including machine learning, deep learning and neural networks.
- 2–4 hours per week, for 2 weeks
Chatbots are increasingly in demand among global businesses. This course will teach you how to build, analyze, deploy and monetize chatbots - with the help of IBM Watson and the power of AI.
- 2–5 hours per week, for 5 weeks
This Python course provides a beginner-friendly introduction to Python for Data Science. Practice through lab exercises, and you'll be ready to create your first Python scripts on your own!
- 3–4 hours per week, for 1 weeks
This mini-course introduces you to the process for unit testing Python code, including building and running unit tests and packaging the Python application for distribution.
- 2–4 hours per week, for 3 weeks
Turbocharge your chatbot's IQ and AI capabilities with IBM Watson Discovery and powered by Watson Assistant. Learn to use and program tools and assitant services such as Tone Analyzer and Personality Insights to build queries, extract information big data repositories.
- The growth of artificial intelligence in the workplace is expected to create 58 million new jobs by 2022. (Source: World Economic Forum)
- Employer demand for AI-related roles has more than doubled over the past three years and the number of AI-¬related job postings as a share of all job postings is up 119%. (Source: Indeed)
- By 2020, customers will manage 85% of their relationship with the enterprise without interacting with a human.
- Appeal to prospective employers in the web development space, as AI skills and chatbot building are increasingly in demand.
- Get hired by IT consultancies that innovate in AI, develop web and virtual assistant solutions for enterprise customers.