What you will learn
- How core Cloud concepts influence application development
- How to use front-end development languages and tools
- How to use back-end development languages and tools
- How to develop and deploy a Cloud Application
There is an app for everything, from online shopping and budgeting, through health and fitness to infectious disease tracking. Cloud application developers build apps that help us shop and track our spending, monitor our exercise, and help keep us safe during times of pandemics.
Take the first steps to become a Cloud Developer by completing the Cloud Application Development Foundations Professional Certificate, guided by experts from IBM. Build your own cloud-based applications and learn about the technologies behind them as you go.
This Professional Certificate prepares you to develop, build, deploy, and test applications on a public cloud platform and deliver Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions using Cloud Native and DevOps lifecycle management methodologies.
This curriculum starts with an introduction to the core concepts of cloud computing and the role its playing in digital transformation. We introduce you to some of the prominent cloud service providers of our times including, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc.) the services they offer and look at some case studies of cloud computing across industry verticals.
You will understand the differences between Public, Private, Hybrid and Hybrid MultiCloud environments. You will become familiar cloud technologies and cloud infrastructure components such as Virtualization, VMs, Containers, Microservices, Serverless Computing, Cloud Storage and Secure Cloud Networks.
You will learn essential cloud software development concepts and study the languages, tools, and platforms to create your first cloud-based apps. You will explore the roles of front-end, back-end and full-stack developers, and learn the core skills and concepts needed for each role.
The Cloud Application Developer Professional Certificate will teach you the tools and software development skills that successful Cloud Developers use to build, deploy, run, and manage applications on a cloud platform, putting you in position to begin a new career.
Courses in this program
IBM's Cloud Application Development Foundations Professional Certificate
- 1–2 hours per week, for 4 weeks
- 3–4 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Learn about Cloud Native Computing. Understand and start using DevOps practices and tools. Work with REST APIs and JSON. Get started with developing applications on Cloud leveraging cloud services like AI-powered APIs and NoSQL databases to enrich your app.
- 2–3 hours per week, for 5 weeks
- Employment of software developers is projected to grow 21% from 2018-2028, faster than average for all occupations. (source: Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- Cloud Development accounts for about 1/4th of all software development with over 5 million cloud developers today. (source: Evans Data Corp)
- Average salary for a Cloud Developer in the US is $127,353 (as of June 2020, source: ZipRecruiter)